Advertisement

Animal Man Annual #1 (Everyone pees Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Animal Man Annual #1 (Everyone pees Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:06 am

Another Annual, and while this story didn’t reveal anything especially new with regards to the upcoming war against the rot, it was a lot of fun and really showed what Animal Man and Swamp Thing are up against. After a brief and funny framing sequence with Maxine and Socks, we flashback to 1890s Canada, and see what happened the first time the Avatars of the Red and the Green teamed up to fight the Rot. As always, it’s fun to see Jeff Lemire use a bit of Canadian history, as it’s not a topic most comics bother with, but as Lemire is Canadian, it makes sense, and it gives the flashback something different than the usual Old American West setting. Plus it’s always cool to see Mounties. The artwork here from Timothy Green II was spectacular, especially in the double-page spreads and when he got to draw some sickening rot-monsters. I had previously thought that only Travel Foreman could do those monsters, but Green can do it too. This story has made me very excited for when the ‘real’ Swamp Thing and Animal Man finally cross over. Bring it on!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 587 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Animal Man Annual #1 (Everyone pees Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 am

What I found to be particularly interesting was that this Annual referenced the Hunters Two, while in the present day, we were introduced to the Hunters Three. This would mean that the third hunter was introduced between the time of the Annual and the beginning of the current series. I wonder if they will explore this in future issues or if it has any significance in the long run.
ImageImageImage

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Sakie wrote:What I found to be particularly interesting was that this Annual referenced the Hunters Two, while in the present day, we were introduced to the Hunters Three. This would mean that the third hunter was introduced between the time of the Annual and the beginning of the current series. I wonder if they will explore this in future issues or if it has any significance in the long run.

I noticed that too, and hopefully they do.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:45 pm

I'll also add that the vision of Buddy Baker that he had makes me think that we may not have seen the last of Jacob Mullin.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand