Advertisement

Ultimate Spider-Man #11 (Too many words Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate Spider-Man #11 (Too many words Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Another excellent issue of USM, this book’s not getting as much press as it was at the start (the comics ‘media’ have forgotten about race and dropped it for the shiny new toy that is sexuality), but it’s improved month on month. I loved the opening flashback to a young Miles hanging out with his Uncle. Back then, his rogue Uncle was cool, but now he’s dangerous. The fight between Spider-Man, Prowler and Scorpion was probably the best action sequence we’ve had so far, David Marquez’s art was brilliant, and Bendis’ dialogue was spot on, I love how Miles’ in-fight banter is kind of crappy, he doesn’t know what he’s doing when it comes to that, let alone fighting. I also like how Bendis had him use the powers that are exclusive to him, it’s good that he has different tricks than Peter did. Speaking of the late Mister Parker, the last page was a tantalising tease, Aunt May and Gwen are back State-side, and May wants to meet the new Spidey, I am looking forward to and dreading that scene, I’m sure Bendis will write it well, but it could be emotionally devastating for Aunt May. This really is one of Marvel’s best books, and the best thing is, we only have to wait a week for more Miles! Spider-Men begins next week, I’m wary of the premise, but I trust Bendis to deliver despite it.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #11 (Too many words Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 pm

You think the confrontation happens in Spider-Men or this book? Can you imagine Ultimate May seeing 616? Or dear.. it's going to be good.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I've been lurking this book for a while and it really is a damn well written book. Bendis has been on point with it and I really like the differences of Miles and Peter. The plot going on with Prowler as Miles' uncle is really enjoyable, especially with Prowler blackmailing Miles.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 139 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah, I originally started hating the idea of Miles as the new Spidey but Bendis' brilliant work has made me a fan.

Miles rules.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand