Thursday, April 28, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Animal Man #10 (Went out of style in the 80s Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 am

After last week’s Annual provided some important context for the war against the Rot, this issue puts us right back in the thick of things as Buddy continues his journey through the Red. Steve Pugh did a great job at depicting the otherworldly nature of this place, and the ending was very interesting, what will Buddy’s new body be like? I’m guessing he’ll look the same, but have more powerful Animal-abilities, but then again, he could be a cat like Socks, who knows? There’s also stuff going on in the ‘real world’ as John Constantine and some other members of Justice League Dark show up to try and warn the Bakers about what’s going on. Jeff Lemire writes a damn good Constantine, I may have to check out his run on JLD (Julia Louis-Dreyfus?), has it started yet? I’m worried about Cliff too, the Rot-Buddy is going to do bad things to him, I just know it. This title continues to be excellent, and the anticipation for the upcoming war just keeps building and building. I wonder who the ‘green guy’ is if not Swamp Thing? Is Green Lantern going to get involved? Green Arrow?

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 am

Lemire's run of Justice League Dark started in issue 9, and already the book is a million times better than it was under Milligan

Sromkie

underclassman

Postby Sromkie » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 am

Sitebreaker wrote:Lemire's run of Justice League Dark started in issue 9, and already the book is a million times better than it was under Milligan

I entirely agree. I just thought JLD was okay prior to Lemire taking over. After reading his first issue, I am entirely sold for the rest I his run. It's clear, right off the bat, that he knows how to handle these characters.

With this single issue, JLD went from a book that I'd read when I got around to it to one that I am looking forward to and plan to read the day it's released.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:15 pm

I agree with Mr. Galston and Sromkie about Justice League Dark, the level of quality of the writing jumped ten fold when Lemire began writing it.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:25 pm

About the goings on this issue:

I'm worried about cliff, especially after the statement by the Avatars of the Red, "the Rot has taken your son, the Rot has Cliff." I also think it was a neat touch to have the way the Red appears shift according to the mind of the current Avatar, namely Maxine at the moment. Finally, I agree with you Punchy that Buddy's new body will probably look like his old body. I can't see DC itself wanting any sort of huge change in his appearance.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I agree with Mr. Galston and Sromkie about Justice League Dark, the level of quality of the writing jumped ten fold when Lemire began writing it.

I can't say it's the quality of the writing that made the difference for me as much as it was getting rid of Shade.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Amoebas wrote:I can't say it's the quality of the writing that made the difference for me as much as it was getting rid of Shade.

there's that too... he really seemed out of place, for a team that was mystical to have a character like Shade seemed really strange, he didn't fit with any of the rest of the characters at all, it completely reeked of "pet character"

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Amoebas wrote:I can't say it's the quality of the writing that made the difference for me as much as it was getting rid of Shade.

I didn't mind Shade as a part of the team to tell the truth. :smt102

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah Punchy, the first issue of JLD under Lemire was pretty awesome.

I need to catch up on this book pretty badly.

leave a comment with facebook