Advertisement

Morning Glories #19 (Time to stop running Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Morning Glories #19 (Time to stop running Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:25 am

Seriously, what the hell is going on in this book? It’s crazy. What’s going on with Zoe? Why did she go all slasher-movie? Why the hell is some actress that Hunter saw on a talk-show suddenly in the woods with a high-powered rifle? This book is messing with my head in so many ways, I’m hooked, but totally lost. I did like that the flashback was fairly simple this time, apart from the talk-show. It was just Hunter talking with his mother in the hospital, and providing important character details about him, about his lack of self-esteem. That’s the thing that really anchors this book, in amongst all the crazy stuff swirling around, the characters are recognisable as real teenagers. Even psycho-killer Zoe. But now she’s dead. I hope the next arc brings all (or most) of the kids back together, I miss the group dynamic really, it’s fun to get these character-focussed stories, but it makes the series feel a bit disjointed.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand