Advertisement

Dial H #2 (Ferrocochlean sense tingling Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Dial H #2 (Ferrocochlean sense tingling Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:36 am

Since reading #1 of this title last month, I’ve started reading one of China Mieville’s novels, Perdido Street Station (which is excellent so far by the way), so my brain is more in gear with Mieville’s unique mind, and as such, I enjoyed this issue a lot more, even though there was probably too much going on. There’s two ways to judge this book, one is to just admire Mieville’s imagination in coming up with all of the weird different superheroes. This issue featured 8 heroes (and another was mentioned but not seen) and each of them was hilarious, I think my favourite was Shamanticore, but I also liked the one we saw the most of, Iron Snail. These characters are just funny. But as I said, there’s more to this than just silly characters, there’s serious stuff going on here too. Nelson’s friend Darren is brutally murdered by a strange villain, The Squid, who is a pretty big mystery, he seems to be in control, but he’s doing what XN says. And what was with his speech patterns? Hmm. I’m also interested in the red-headed doctor, is she also the masked red-head? Is she XN? What’s her deal? This book is full-to-the-brim with stuff, and I think I’ll need to give it a re-read to fully comprehend what’s going on. But even when you don’t understand, there’s still the fun of Pelican Army and Ctrl-Alt-Del. Mateus Santolouco’s art was brilliant once again too, he’s given a lot to do by Mieville, and he can do it all.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 383 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Dial H #2 (Ferrocochlean sense tingling Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

I'm really surprised how much i love this book. I love how the "heroes" the main character turns into, are the most off the wall heroes.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 376 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:33 pm

I liked this issue to, it should be interesting to see just what is up with the Squid, not to mention the woman in the silver mask and purple cloak.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 376 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:I'm really surprised how much i love this book. I love how the "heroes" the main character turns into, are the most off the wall heroes.

I've been enjoying that aspect too, I laughed at Hole Punch. I have to say that my favourite of all of them was Double Bluff.

Thank you Troy for the sig

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I really didn't warm to the first issue (and I thought Kid Chimney was a cool concept). Is this more of the same?

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:23 am

As a fan of the Dial H concept, I love this series. I'm looking forward to seeing where China goes with this.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 am

I hope this series makes it. The worst part is seeing glimpses of characters that sound fascinating as throwaways, but that's par for the Dial H course. Always leave 'em wanting more!

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 am

Log-Man wrote:I hope this series makes it. The worst part is seeing glimpses of characters that sound fascinating as throwaways, but that's par for the Dial H course. Always leave 'em wanting more!

It's a rotary dial. There's no redial button. :smt011

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 am

Chesscub wrote:
It's a rotary dial. There's no redial button. :smt011

That's the best explanation I've ever heard :-D

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:00 pm

"Perdido Street Station" is next on my list. The City and The City" was confusing at first but turned into a total page-turner. He's excellent at writing suspense and action scenes.
I'm thinking he's like Morrison. He throws out weird one-off lines and references that go over your head at first but later on it all comes together. I think once he hits his stride with this title it should be tons o' more fun ! 8)

Link to the preview thread for those that haven't read this issue yet previews-f35/preview-dial-t83174.html
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand