Advertisement

Swamp Thing #10 (Here, let me help you Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Swamp Thing #10 (Here, let me help you Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:32 am

Oh Francesco Francavilla, man have I missed your artwork. The former Black Panther artist steps in for an issue of Swamp Thing and does a fantastic job, the whole book is the usual stylish, well-thought-out product you expect from Francavilla, the colours, the panel choices, everything worked brilliantly to tell a great story. Of course, Scott Snyder is still a big part of this, and he gives Francavilla some truly great and creepy images to work with (the splash of baby Abby and her dead mother stood out in particular), and also uses some nice chronological tricks. It’s not until the very end that you realise the person Anton Arcane has been monologuing to was a sleeping Swamp Thing, and shock upon shock, Swampy has just been killed! Uh-oh. Now of course, Swamp Thing won’t really be dead, he’s only just come back after all, but it was good writing, and it made for a great cliffhanger. But for me, the best thing about this issue was the art, which was just brilliant.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Swamp Thing #10 (Here, let me help you Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Anton Arcane, in my opinion, is, and always will be, Swamp Thing's arch-nemesis. Given that, it's very nice to see him back. I think the most significant thing this issue though was the revelation that the Parliament of Trees has been moved to the swamps of Louisiana. I have to say though, having them so close to a place associated with the Arcane Family might not have been Alec's best idea ever.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1052 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I have to say though, having them so close to a place associated with the Arcane Family might not have been Alec's best idea ever.

True, you would think that he would have wanted to place them somewhere a little more secluded and harder to find. That being said, I am sure that the last thing on his mind was the possibility that Anton Arcane could return. I can't wait to see what's next!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 pm

This book is so good.

I would be fine if DC cancelled every other book except this, Animal Man, the Bat-books, I Vampire and Demon Knights.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Sakie wrote:
True, you would think that he would have wanted to place them somewhere a little more secluded and harder to find. That being said, I am sure that the last thing on his mind was the possibility that Anton Arcane could return. I can't wait to see what's next!

From what he's learned about the connection the family itself has to the Rot, even without thinking that Anton could return, it still doesn't seem like that sound an idea. With the family associated with it, the place itself probably has to have at least some sort of connection to the Rot.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 407 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 am

Stephen Day wrote:Anton Arcane, in my opinion, is, and always will be, Swamp Thing's arch-nemesis. Given that, it's very nice to see him back. I think the most significant thing this issue though was the revelation that the Parliament of Trees has been moved to the swamps of Louisiana. I have to say though, having them so close to a place associated with the Arcane Family might not have been Alec's best idea ever.

Hide in plain sight maybe?

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 pm

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand