Advertisement

Review Group Week 330 - INSUFFERABLE WEEKS 1-6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Midas
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Review Group Week 330 - INSUFFERABLE WEEKS 1-6

Postby Midas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:30 pm

This is one of the webcomics I regularly read, so I finally get to review something! Given that I'm already a regular reader, it will not be surprising to know that I like this comic. On the substantive side, it's a good story is interesting, the dialog is well-done and the weekly cliffhangers work. The art (pencils, inks and coloring) are all very solid and fit the story very well.

I see others are complaining about the format but I don't have any problems with it. I like that it's a discreet space that doesn't require scrolling. I think the click-through effects are very well done a do a good job of improving the storytelling, building suspense and allowing for surprises that can't be spoiled. I think it's a pretty darn good use of the computer medium.

You really can't beat this comic for the price. I hope Waid finds a way to monetize this.

9/10.
Last edited by Midas on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:47 am

I read issue 7 this week...which tells you how much I enjoyed this. ...I did not hoped up as well as the previous 6 since it shifter focus without warning.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:25 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I read issue 7 this week...which tells you how much I enjoyed this. ...I did not hoped up as well as the previous 6 since it shifter focus without warning.

Yeah, that's the same way he drew out Irredeemable and lost readers on the way.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Considering the medium that Mark Waid and Peter Krause are using, it's a fairly decent work. The art services the story just fine, while the characterization progresses nicely. My main problem with Insufferable is that there's just too little for me to keep reading. The concept may be original, but the plot just doesn't cut it for me. I'm not going to give this comic another shot unless I'm reading it in trade or if I get bored and decide to catch up on the series.

6* out of 10*

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand