Advertisement

Incredible Hulk #9 (Or mammal, whatever Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Incredible Hulk #9 (Or mammal, whatever Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:32 am

This ‘Stay Angry’ storyline is shaping up to be a seriously wild ride. After last month’s team-up with The Punisher against a talking dog, the Hulk is now shoved into an underwater Western of all things! Jason Aaron is really letting his imagination run wild with this story, and it’s really enjoyable to see the Hulk wake up with as little idea of what’s going on as we do, and then try to make his way through one crazy situation after another. It’s also interesting to try and puzzle out what the hell Banner is up to, he swapped a finger for something, then he used Hulk’s body to smuggle out some kind of magic rock from the sea-bed, and now he’s in space? What the hell is going on? This book is truly unpredictable at the moment, and I love it. Pasqual Ferry comes in on art for this one, and he’s an improvement over Steve Dillon, who really struggled with the Hulk. Ferry did fine with the big green guy, and his style was perfect for the otherworldly nature of the underwater village. This story just what I want from a Jason Aaron Marvel comic, off-beat craziness, blistering action, and strong characterisation, and after an iffy start, his Incredible Hulk is living up to it’s promise.

Advertisement

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Re: Incredible Hulk #9 (Or mammal, whatever Spoilers)

Postby Kerny » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:17 pm

This arc has been WAY better and definitely more fun than the first arc. Loving it

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:27 pm

I still can't get into it, simply for how Aaron is treating Banner.

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I still can't get into it, simply for how Aaron is treating Banner.

I know they've already explained that that's not the case, but if Doom didnt do anything to make him crazy, I'll be surprised

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand