Advertisement

Superboy #10 (Wasn't being a perv spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Superboy #10 (Wasn't being a perv spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 am

So I guess everything worked out okay with that creepy winged monster dude? I’m kind of resigned to the fact that I’m only getting half a story (and not even that these days, more like only a third) by just reading Superboy, but it is disconcerting that every issue starts off in a completely different place to the previous one. That said, this was a fun issue, with Superboy and Wonder Girl engaging in fairly amusing flirtation in a crazy ‘only in comics’ situation. I loved the visual of the Island being shaped like a question mark, and it’s always fun to see superheroes fight dinosaurs. The interaction between Superboy and Wonder Girl, was, as I said, pretty funny, and I liked how Lobdell teased the reader with an almost-kiss. If I had the stomach, I’d venture onto Tumblr to see what kind of feels this caused, but Tumblr terrifies me. Sebastian Fiumara’s art was very good, I love RB Silva on this book, but Fiumara made for a strong fill-in, even though his work is a lot less cartoonish. I just hope I’ll get some answer to the mystery of this Island in Superboy #11, rather than that issue picking up somewhere completely random, but I doubt it.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: Superboy #10 (Wasn't being a perv spoilers)

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:21 am

Punchy wrote: I just hope I’ll get some answer to the mystery of this Island in Superboy #11, rather than that issue picking up somewhere completely random, but I doubt it.

You'll have to pick up Teen Titans #10 to find out the secret of Mystery Island :-D Next issue Superboy's teaming up with Bunker.

I'm kind of resigned to picking up both Teen Titans and Superboy - they've been pretty interconnected since he attacked them around issues #4 and #5.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:40 am

Johnny Smith wrote:I'm kind of resigned to picking up both Teen Titans and Superboy - they've been pretty interconnected since he attacked them around issues #4 and #5.

I am exactly the opposite. I stopped buying both Teen Titans and Superboy because I hated the fact that I had to read one, to understand the other. If Superboy stood on its own, I may have continued to read it but Teen Titans is just so BAD that I couldn't stomach it any longer.
ImageImageImage

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:50 am

As far as I'm concerned, this crossover did the opposite of what crossovers are supposed to do. Rather than pick up new titles, I actually dropped this one. I was enjoying it up until then. So good job, DC.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand