Advertisement

American Vampire: Lord Of Nightmares #1 (Dracula Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

American Vampire: Lord Of Nightmares #1 (Dracula Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:35 pm

With most of the Vertigo line suffering a little, it’s really good to see American Vampire going from strength to strength with it’s second spin-off mini-series. This is kind of a sequel to last year’s ‘Survival Of The Fittest’ because it’s the return of Felicia Book and her adopted son (and real son of Cash McCogan) Gus to the story, but there’s more going on here than just that. There’s a certain someone called Dracula involved. I’m very excited to see what Snyder’s take on the most iconic of Vampires is like, I’m expecting big things, and even though he didn’t appear in this issue, the set-up, the level of security there was around his coffin… it’s ramped up my anticipation, if he can scare Agent Hobbes, then he must be bad news. I found it interesting that the group of people who freed him are humans, why on Earth would humans want Dracula out there? Dustin Nguyen provides art on this mini, and while he’s not quite at the phenomenal levels of art genius that Sean Murphy reached on ‘Survival Of The Fittest’, he’s still excellent. It’s awesome that we’ll be getting American Vampire stories twice a month for the next little while, and I can’t wait to see where all of this is going, and how it will impact the main title.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand