Advertisement

Invincible #92 (I ordered pizza! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Invincible #92 (I ordered pizza! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Even for a book like Invincible, which has subplots coming out of it’s butt, there was a lot going on in this issue. Of course, we revisit what happened to Mark in the aftermath of his arm falling off, and while he does have an awesome Cable-esque cyber-arm for the moment, it’s unfortunately not permanent, which is a real shame, maybe it’s because I’m a child of the 90s, but cybernetic arms are never not cool (I’m joking). Then the always hilarious Octoboss shows up so the Guardians Of The Globe can kick his ass, and we finally, finally, get some info about what exactly went on between Robot and Monster Girl when they were stuck in that other dimension. Invincible co-creator Cory Walker comes back for these sequences, and he does his usual top-notch job, I may prefer Ottley, but you should never forget it was Walker who originated the look of this series. This stuff in the Flaxan world was pretty interesting, it’s crazy that they lived there for 700 years, no wonder they’ve been different. How many issues is this story set to run? And the final subplot was with the new Invincible, aka Bulletproof, as he runs into more problems when his parents come to dinner. I found the stuff with his brother, and his parents thinking his brother was Bulletproof very intriguing, what happened to his brother? Is he dead now? What’s the deal there? I’m almost as interested in that little tidbit as I am all of the big picture Viltrumite stuff, and it’s good that Kirkman has me interested in Zandale’s problems already.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 778 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Invincible #92 (I ordered pizza! Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Punchy wrote:And the final subplot was with the new Invincible, aka Bulletproof, as he runs into more problems when his parents come to dinner. I found the stuff with his brother, and his parents thinking his brother was Bulletproof very intriguing, what happened to his brother? Is he dead now? What’s the deal there? I’m almost as interested in that little tidbit as I am all of the big picture Viltrumite stuff, and it’s good that Kirkman has me interested in Zandale’s problems already.

Unfortunately, I am just not that interested in Zandale and the whole new Invincible subplot. This is probably due to the fact that I am more interested in what is happening with Mark, Eve, Dinosaurus, the Viltrumites, Robot, and Monster Girl. Zandale just hasn't done anything that I have found particularly interesting.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand