Advertisement

Avenging Spider-Man #8 (Insignificant Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avenging Spider-Man #8 (Insignificant Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:46 am

This issue serves as a tribute to Silver Sable, who ‘died’ in last week’s issue of Amazing Spidey. After spending ages trying and failing to find her body, Spider-Man is forced to accept that she’s gone, but not before a flashback where he tells Captain America about just why Sable was special to him. This was a fun story, pitting not just Spider-Man and Silver Sable, but also Doctor Strange against Doctor Doom, who was reliably evil. The story wasn’t anything special, but it had some good moments of humour, and as I said, it was a tribute to Silver Sable, it showed who she was, a mercenary, yes, but one who also cared. I must admit that this issue also made me smile at the thought of what reaction Spider-Man referring to his ‘girlfriend’ instead of his wife in the past caused to certain, crazier sects of the internet. No matter how much they try and forget OMD, it’s always there to smack them in the face, and their rage is never not hilarious. This was a solid issue, a nice epilogue to the big Ends Of The Earth story, and though I don’t believe for one second that Silver Sable is really dead, it still worked as a last hurrah for her.

Advertisement

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Avenging Spider-Man #8 (Insignificant Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:56 pm

What about Rhino? But yeah her "death" was too easy. It wasn't even like Kingsley's. No body at all to be found? She's alive for some other writer to use eventually.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand