Advertisement

Hulk #54 (I'll deal with toenail Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Hulk #54 (I'll deal with toenail Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 am

Red Hulk and the gang take the fight to the Mayan Gods, but the real star of this issue was the art of Dale Eaglesham. I mentioned in my review of #53 that his muscular style was perfect for a Hulk comic, but this issue really demonstrated that he has more to his bow than just bulging biceps. Some of the panel layouts in this issue really were spectacular, it’s hard to really describe panel layouts in words, but seriously, check this issue out, it’s not quite at JH Williams’ level inventiveness, but it really was interesting. As for the story here, it was more good solid stuff, I’m really enjoying how Parker has built a little team for Rulk now, the supporting cast of Annie, Machine Man and now A-Bomb really works for me, and it was fun to see them all together. I was a bit annoyed that Alpha Flight were shuffled off to the side so quickly though, Puck needs to get back in the game! The Mayan Gods are also interesting villains, I’m not really knowledgeable about the real mythology, I’m assuming these are ‘real’ Gods, am I right? This is a very good superhero comic, and it’s also becoming a real under-the-radar artistic gem, people are all raving about Daredevil’s range of artists, but Hulk has just as much good stuff.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand