Advertisement

Secret Avengers #28 (The entire bloody omniverse Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Secret Avengers #28 (The entire bloody omniverse Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:40 pm

A solid issue, with plenty of exciting moments, and I think after this issue, the events of this title and Bendis’ Avengers do kind of mesh up. Remender makes sure to mention Protector acting weird at the end, which tees that up nicely. The most interesting thing about this issue for me was the identity of the villain, Minister Marvel, who was a distant relative of Captain Marvel’s, and to him, this was a curse, his name was that of a notorious traitor. It’s an interesting twist, and one that made things nice and personal in a story full of abstract concepts. I also liked how Remender had him commit suicide, it was a strange moment of reality in amongst the cosmic firebirds. The other stuff here was a bit more traditional, Miss Marvel briefly becomes Binary again in an attempt to stop the Phoenix, which was cool. And when that failed, it was time for Captain Britain to step up. I really like what Remender’s been doing with Cap, he seems to be trying to make him the almost-A-lister he probably should be, and so far it’s working. I was surprised to see Captain Marvel die again so soon, but it makes sense, the ending of this issue was mainly there to set up Kelly-Sue DeConnick’s new book with Carol. This was a fun arc, and now that the continuity niggles have been resolved, there are no real problems. That said, I am looking forward to the book getting back to the espionage element next issue, this arc was good, but it wasn’t exactly secret was it?

Advertisement

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 381 posts

Re: Secret Avengers #28 (The entire bloody omniverse Spoiler

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't know if I'd call it "good" personally...

Also, I think Marvel HAS to make a "Captain Marvel" book every once in awhile to retain the rights. That's the only way I can explain his "return" during Civil War...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand