Advertisement

Casanova: Avaritia #4 (We are all sons of bitches Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Shitlord

Casanova: Avaritia #4 (We are all sons of bitches Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:50 pm

I literally have no idea what happened in this issue. Even though I re-read parts 1-3 of this story yesterday in preparation… I was very confused. Everything’s exploding, people are jumping in and out of realities, Newman Xeno fights Cass, Kaito has crazy eyes, some more stuff happens and Cass leaps to somewhere? I dunno? However, as always with Casanova, despite the plot making little-to-no-sense, it was still a hell of a good time, with some brilliant stylistic moments, such as the return of the (words in brackets replacing sound effects) idea, or even just the playing with sound effects, so ‘FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKK’ is spread over two panels, or using ‘ONOMATOPEAIA’ as one, which is weirdly genius. And of course, the artwork from Gabriel Ba was phenomenal. Whether or not this was style over substance is not the point, for me, Casanova has always been about how the style is the substance. I just hope that ‘Acedia’ comes along sooner rather than later, because this is one of the weirdest, and one of my favourite, books on the market, even when Fraction doesn’t bother to do the backmatter.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Casanova: Avaritia #4 (We are all sons of bitches Spoile

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 pm

What was with that bit where Casanova talked about playing as the Cubs on a baseball video-game but stopping before he won the world series? I'm guessing that's an autobiographical detail from Fraction, he's always tweeting about the 'fucking Cubs'.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 325 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Casanova: Avaritia #4 (We are all sons of bitches Spoile

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Punchy wrote: I was very confused. Everything’s exploding, people are jumping in and out of realities, Newman Xeno fights Cass, Kaito has crazy eyes, some more stuff happens and Cass leaps to somewhere? I dunno?

Sounds like Bendis wrote it :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand