Advertisement

Wonder Woman #10 (Nothing but meat now Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Wonder Woman #10 (Nothing but meat now Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:07 am

Brian Azzarello continues to do the impossible and make Wonder Woman interesting, I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying this book. This issue in particular raised a very interesting character detail for Diana, in that she wasn’t lying when she said she loved Hell, because she loves everyone. That’s a really interesting take on the character, and one that sets her apart from all of the other superheroes. Superman may be a good person, but he doesn’t love the whole world, he protects it. Wonder Woman coming from a place of love makes sense, because it positions her as feminine, yet still a bad-ass. It also sorta explains the whole ambassador of peace but brutal warrior dichotomy. I also liked that the issue explored the idea of truth and trust, an important theme for a character with a magical lasso that can force people to tell the truth. But this issue wasn’t just Wonder Woman loving everything, there was some fun action (It’s always a shame when Chiang takes a break, but Akins and Kano are solid fill-ins) and Azzarello continues to do the unexpected with the God characters, I never would have expected Strife to help like that. But they are Gods, the literally do move in mysterious ways, we can’t expect them to act like humans. What was with the ending? Is Hell dead? Will he now be smitten with Wonder Woman? I’m very excited to see what happens next, and I never thought I’d say that about a Wonder Woman book.

Advertisement

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Wonder Woman #10 (Nothing but meat now Spoilers)

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:12 am

Punchy wrote:Brian Azzarello continues to do the impossible and make Wonder Woman interesting, I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying this book. This issue in particular raised a very interesting character detail for Diana, in that she wasn’t lying when she said she loved Hell, because she loves everyone. That’s a really interesting take on the character, and one that sets her apart from all of the other superheroes. Superman may be a good person, but he doesn’t love the whole world, he protects it. Wonder Woman coming from a place of love makes sense, because it positions her as feminine, yet still a bad-ass. It also sorta explains the whole ambassador of peace but brutal warrior dichotomy. I also liked that the issue explored the idea of truth and trust, an important theme for a character with a magical lasso that can force people to tell the truth. But this issue wasn’t just Wonder Woman loving everything, there was some fun action (It’s always a shame when Chiang takes a break, but Akins and Kano are solid fill-ins) and Azzarello continues to do the unexpected with the God characters, I never would have expected Strife to help like that. But they are Gods, the literally do move in mysterious ways, we can’t expect them to act like humans. What was with the ending? Is Hell dead? Will he now be smitten with Wonder Woman? I’m very excited to see what happens next, and I never thought I’d say that about a Wonder Woman book.

I think he was shot as he was looking at himself, so now he'll be able to love himself.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 554 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Wonder Woman #10 (Nothing but meat now Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 am

Exactly. I was explaining that to my boyfriend last night while he was reading it because he thought it would turn Hades into a narcissist who would only love himself :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand