Friday, April 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Tunguska: Graphic Novel

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tunguska

Whippersnapper

Postby Tunguska » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am

Tunguska is a graphic novel about a secret expedition to Siberia in 1908. The story is based on a true event (a meteorite exploded above the region, flattening a vast forest) but we have mixed in fantastical elements and historical figures, including Rasputin, Lenin, Trotsky and Nikola Tesla. The graphic novel has been a pet project for the best part of three years for me as a writer and for drawing artist Stijn Felix.

After we won a two-yearly comic competition, in 2010-2011 the Belgian weekly magazine Focus Knack ran the first 43 pages of Tunguska, ending on a cliffhanger. In order to complete the story, 13 more pages are needed. A funding campaign on IndieGoGo has the goal to complete these pages and to print a 1,000 copy run of the graphic novel.

Your contribution will not only make our lifelong dream of publishing a graphic novel come true, You'll get a great yarn in return as well!

So surf to http://www.indiegogo.com/tunguska and support our project! You'll also find the first 14 pages of the comic there. A couple of samples are below.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

INteresting.

Although we could probably do more for you as a site had you brought this to management rather than post it in a thread. The work looks interesting and I'll be reading the pages when I get a chance.

Tunguska

Whippersnapper

Postby Tunguska » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:05 pm

we could probably do more for you as a site had you brought this to management

I'm new on this site, so I'm intrigued by your comment. What COULD management do?

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Ill let the PTBs, and LurkerBender, do what they do
all I can say is that is some fantastic artwork

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:44 pm

We could have put you on the front page, for one thing. Coordinated it with an interview to get to better know your project, etc.

Tunguska

Whippersnapper

Postby Tunguska » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:38 am

We still can do that, right? :wink:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:39 am

No. It's too late.

Just kidding. It's not too late. :P

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 pm