Advertisement

Batman Inc #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 197 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Batman Inc #2

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 pm

The cover is kind of misleading since nobody but Talia appears in it (Bruce only appears via flashback).I think this puts any more sort of doubters that Talia is being controlled by someone else. This is her own scheme and by her own free will. Part of me kind of hates the later given Morrison really tweaks all the classic Ra's/Talia stories from the 70s to his version.

Personally, though I know others quite loathe the story I'd blame this current Talia on the stuff during Death and the Maidens. The only thing I enjoyed about this story was 1.) Talia knows Damian ain't dead and is playing this little game of Bruce's. 2.) What she did to Ra's. His entire organization is now her's, which fully makes sense in the grand scheme of things.It shows that yes she's finally on the same tier as her father and that this end game of her's will be her big thing

Though another thing that irked me was Burnham's Ra's though was average to poor. The way he drew Ra's reaction to Bruce being alive in that classic Ra's story made him look like a freaking wide eyed kitten.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Batman Inc #2

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Morrison should admit he's exhausted his bags of tricks like Brubaker did on Cap.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:38 pm

McDarkseid wrote:Morrison should admit he's exhausted his bags of tricks like Brubaker did on Cap.

I dunno. I've enjoyed his later Batman stuff than his early stories. I didn't enjoy Batman R.I.P., Resurrection of Ra's, the opening arc, and etc. But since Batman & Robin his stories have been more fun and well.. better.

Also the greatest thing I enjoy about this issue? Morrison keeps Infinite Crisis in continuity. So much for no Crisis's. Plus makes the whole Black Adam appearance in the back-up of JL more screwed up. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Not a fan of this book at all. Morrison's Batman peaked with Batman & Robin and since Return of Bruce Wayne has been on a downward spiral.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 329 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Zechs wrote:
Also the greatest thing I enjoy about this issue? Morrison keeps Infinite Crisis in continuity. So much for no Crisis's. Plus makes the whole Black Adam appearance in the back-up of JL more screwed up. :P

How so ? I forget where Black Adam was at the end of Infinite Crisis but since Flashpoint came after that, many events different now anyway, right ? :?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 128 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Zechs wrote:The cover is kind of misleading since nobody but Talia appears in it (Bruce only appears via flashback).I think this puts any more sort of doubters that Talia is being controlled by someone else. This is her own scheme and by her own free will. Part of me kind of hates the later given Morrison really tweaks all the classic Ra's/Talia stories from the 70s to his version.

Personally, though I know others quite loathe the story I'd blame this current Talia on the stuff during Death and the Maidens. The only thing I enjoyed about this story was 1.) Talia knows Damian ain't dead and is playing this little game of Bruce's. 2.) What she did to Ra's. His entire organization is now her's, which fully makes sense in the grand scheme of things.It shows that yes she's finally on the same tier as her father and that this end game of her's will be her big thing

Though another thing that irked me was Burnham's Ra's though was average to poor. The way he drew Ra's reaction to Bruce being alive in that classic Ra's story made him look like a freaking wide eyed kitten.

Oh the contrary, I'm even less inclined to believe Talia is acting out of her own volition. You think Ra's would seriously let Talia take over his empire while he still breathed just because she "outwitted" him? I think not.

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out Ra's was behind the League of Assassins' revolt all along, with the plan being for Talia to fall for Bruce and conceive a kid so Ra's could place his mind in it when the time came.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:32 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Not a fan of this book at all. Morrison's Batman peaked with Batman & Robin and since Return of Bruce Wayne has been on a downward spiral.

DC editorial hasn't helped things, IMO.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:40 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
DC editorial hasn't helped things, IMO.

I think Grant Morrison should be an editor. Because obviously he has more knowledge of DCU than actual DC Editors.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Zechs wrote:

I think Grant Morrison should be an editor. Because obviously he has more knowledge of DCU than actual DC Editors.

Using that logic, Herald should run DC.And that would be terrible.

- Sons of the Desert

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 138 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Using that logic, Herald should run DC.And that would be terrible.

There's a trope lurking somewhere in that statement...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 pm

alaska1125 wrote:

No link though, so the hookers are safe.

- Sons of the Desert

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 pm

alaska1125 wrote:

Herald will find one. That's what he does.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:44 am

Grant Morrison is a ballsy fecker isn’t he? After finishing #1 with the ‘shocking death’ of Damian, the second issue drops all of that and is instead a Talia origin story. He always zigs when you expect him to zag. Despite my initial annoyance that we weren’t addressing the cliff-hanger straight away, this issue was excellent. I’ve never been a big fan of Ra’s Al Ghul and Talia as villains, but this issue may change that, it was just brilliantly told, and re-contextualises a lot of what I though I knew about those characters and where all of this was going. Morrison has a lot of fun telling the story non-linearly and it was very interesting to see the Batman/Talia history retold in this way. I really liked how it made Talia sympathetic, even as she becomes a full-on villain. It helps that Chris Burnham is on art, he’s just so freaking good, and whilst this one wasn’t as experimental in it’s panel layouts as #1, it was still very well-drawn. This relaunch has been excellent so far, two very different issues, but Morrison seems in full control of his story, I can’t wait to see the epic final battle for Damian’s soul.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
How so ? I forget where Black Adam was at the end of Infinite Crisis but since Flashpoint came after that, many events different now anyway, right ? :?

Well there's a flashback panel of the "secret society of supervillains" or whatever they were called in Infinite Crisis clearly showing Dr. Psycho, Luthor, Deathstroke (in pre-new 52 costume) and Black Adam in the background. Exactly how they appeared in Infinite Crisis.. so its clearly some how in continuity

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:13 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Not a fan of this book at all. Morrison's Batman peaked with Batman & Robin and since Return of Bruce Wayne has been on a downward spiral.

Craziness.

Batman, Inc. is the best thing he's done with Bats - at least the first volume.

Through two issues of this run, it's almost as good.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand