Advertisement

Fatale #6 (Except she doesn't look old Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fatale #6 (Except she doesn't look old Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 am

The second arc of Fatale begins, and it’s getting weirder and weirder. Brubaker continues to show us two storylines, the first is the continuation of Nicolas Lash’s increasingly fucked-up life. He’s obsessed with Josephine, and it looks like the mysterious Cult is still after him. I’m guessing that the contents of that safety deposit box were Bishop’s eyeballs. The second story takes us back to 1978 and introduces a new character, Miles a B-Movie actor who’s looking to make it big. I loved these sequences, some of the best Criminal stories took place in the 70s, and it’s great to see Bru and Phillips back in that most sleazy of decades. It looks like the evil Cult is now involved in running some kind of church which supplies drugs and hookers to Hollywood parties, which should be fun, the underbelly of show biz but with monsters. Brubaker has said that a lot of the events of this arc actually happened, but of course without the supernatural, and this issue featured some cameos of real life stars, I spotted Woody Allen and Paul Simon (unless that wasn’t meant to be them and was instead a reference to an LA party in Annie Hall). Miles ends up running into Jo, who’s now living a sad, reclusive life. It’s very interesting how this book is exploring her immortality, it’s not a gift, it’s a curse. I’m very interested in what was on that film-reel, I bet it’s seriously fucked up. This book is just excellent, but then that’s what you expect from a Brubaker/Phillips collaboration. I just hope that the answers to the myriad mysteries swirling around don’t disappoint.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Fatale #6 (Except she doesn't look old Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 pm

I read this issue in the dark, by the light of an orange cat.

Not sure how I felt about it. But the cat looked happy.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand