Advertisement

Own the issue that makes Zechs froth at the mouth for 99¢

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dan Slott
Birdman

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Own the issue that makes Zechs froth at the mouth for 99

Postby Dan Slott » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Dear Rockman/AMS,
Jeez. How many times do I have to apologize for banging your mom.
AND running over your dog with a truck full of MIGHTY AVENGERS: DARK REIGN hardcovers.
Won't happen again.
Honest

On a side note: Sorry you don't like the character in the story that hasn't come out yet.
If it helps, you can also :smt013 Pre-Hate :smt013 whatever books I haven't written yet for 2025. Feel free to let that :smt013 Pre-Hate :smt013 ferment so it'll be a nice vintage whine when you uncork it 13 years from now. :P

Also... All of you people who bought so much of ASM: BIG TIME that we had to go back to press on close to half the run-- as well as pushing SPIDER-ISLAND into the NEW YORK TIMES Graphic Novel Best Sellers List-- as well as Spidey Legends like J.M. DeMatteis and Erik Larsen, who've gone out of their way-- completely unsolicited-- to say that the current run of Spidey is one of its BEST runs ever.... You're obviously WRONG because Rockman/AMS says so. So there. :-P

Also... He'd appreciate it if you'd all stop banging his mom. :band
Last edited by Dan Slott on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Dan Slott wrote:Dear Rockman/AMS,
AND running over your dog with a truck full of MIGHTY AVENGERS: DARK REIGN hardcovers.
Won't happen again.
Honest

On a side note: Sorry you don't like the character in the story that hasn't come out yet.
If it helps, you can also :smt013 Pre-Hate :smt013 the whatever books I haven't written yet for 2025. Feel free to let that :smt013 Pre-Hate :smt013 ferment so it'll be a nice vintage whine when you uncork it 13 years from now. :P

Also... All of you people who bought so much of ASM: BIG TIME that we had to go back to press on close to half the run-- as well as pushing SPIDER-ISLAND into the NEW YORK TIMES Graphic Novel Best Sellers List-- as well as Spidey Legends like J.M. DeMatteis and Erik Larsen, who've gone out of their way-- completely unsolicited-- to say that the current run of Spidey is one of its BEST runs.... You're obviously WRONG because Rockman/AMS says so. So there. :-P

She's never called me. :cry:

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Dan Slott wrote:Dear Rockman/AMS,
Won't happen again.
Honest

If it helps, you can also :smt013 Pre-Hate :smt013 whatever books I haven't written yet for 2025. Feel free to let that :smt013 Pre-Hate :smt013 ferment so it'll be a nice vintage whine when you uncork it 13 years from now. :P

Also... All of you people who bought so much of ASM: BIG TIME that we had to go back to press on close to half the run-- as well as pushing SPIDER-ISLAND into the NEW YORK TIMES Graphic Novel Best Sellers List-- as well as Spidey Legends like J.M. DeMatteis and Erik Larsen, who've gone out of their way-- completely unsolicited-- to say that the current run of Spidey is one of its BEST runs ever.... You're obviously WRONG because Rockman/AMS says so. So there. :-P

Well, shit! I guess I have to throw away all my ASM trades. Such a shame. I used to enjoy them until I found it they are crap.

Dan Slott
Birdman

Postby Dan Slott » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:54 pm

GLX wrote:She's never called me. :cry:

Obviously you didn't leave a big enough tip. :groucho:

Dan Slott
Birdman

Postby Dan Slott » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Dragavon wrote:Well, shit! I guess I have to throw away all my ASM trades. Such a shame. I used to enjoy them until I found it they are crap.

Before you toss 'em out, I'd like to point out that they're quite sturdy and you can use 'em to build a fort.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 177 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Yeah, got to say that I don't understand all the hate for Alpha considering none of us know anything about the character yet. Also, I reckon Amazing Spider-Man is a lot of fun right now, and I say that as someone who has been hyper-critical of Marvel's treatment of the character for years, and indeed boycotted the book for more than a decade. ASM and Daredevil are the top of my to-read pile every month, and I can't really ask more than that. Dan Slott brought me back to Spidey, and for that he has my thanks and my trust with the character.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 475 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:02 pm

GLX wrote:She's never called me. :cry:

Dan Slott wrote:Obviously you didn't leave a big enough tip. :groucho:

Sorry to hear about your small tip GLX.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 852 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Dan Slott wrote:Also... All of you people who bought so much of ASM: BIG TIME that we had to go back to press on close to half the run-- as well as pushing SPIDER-ISLAND into the NEW YORK TIMES Graphic Novel Best Sellers List--

Easy Dan, I will be one of the first people to say that I have really enjoyed your run on Amazing Spider-Man. That being said, you can't just throw around how well something sells as undisputed proof of the quality of the stories being told. If that were the case, movies like Avatar or Michael Bay's Transformers movies could be considered cinematic masterpieces while the entirety of the DC relaunch could be considered some of the seminal work in the comics industry. Just because it sells well, doesn't mean it's good. You can make up this slight mistake by sneaking a complete retcon of Sins Past into your run.

Anyways, like I said, I have really enjoyed your run since I began collecting it. I like my Spidey comics to feature a fun, heroic Spider-Man who honors his responsibilities and doesn't back down.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:05 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Sorry to hear about your small tip GLX.

:smt005 That's the first thought that popped into my mind.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Sakie wrote:
Easy Dan, I will be one of the first people to say that I have really enjoyed your run on Amazing Spider-Man. That being said, you can't just throw around how well something sells as undisputed proof of the quality of the stories being told. If that were the case, movies like Avatar or Michael Bay's Transformers movies could be considered cinematic masterpieces while the entirety of the DC relaunch could be considered some of the seminal work in the comics industry. Just because it sells well, doesn't mean it's good. You can make up this slight mistake by sneaking a complete retcon of Sins Past into your run.

Anyways, like I said, I have really enjoyed your run since I began collecting it. I like my Spidey comics to feature a fun, heroic Spider-Man who honors his responsibilities and doesn't back down.

Wasn't it retconned already?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 852 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Dragavon wrote:Wasn't it retconned already?

Was it? I was under the impression that JMS wanted to fix it at the end of his run but editorial wouldn't let him. Then, after One More Day, Gabriel Stacy appeared during the American Son story arc.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 475 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Dragavon wrote: :smt005 That's the first thought that popped into my mind.

Please no laughing. GLX's tip is a very sensitive subject.

At least according to Rockman/AMS' mom

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Sakie wrote:
Was it? I was under the impression that JMS wanted to fix it at the end of his run but editorial wouldn't let him. Then, after One More Day, Gabriel Stacy appeared during the American Son story arc.

Never mind then. I add my vote to the people who think it should be retconned. Because prior to One More Day/OMIT that was the stupidest moment in Spider-Man's history.

Dan Slott
Birdman

Postby Dan Slott » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:17 pm

It was retconned. It's now the Grizzly who slept with Gwen. Seriously. Look it up.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Dan Slott wrote:It was retconned. It's now the Grizzly who slept with Gwen. Seriously. Look it up.

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand