Advertisement

Ultimate Spider-Man #12 (Stare at your hot mom Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate Spider-Man #12 (Stare at your hot mom Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 am

So, once again, the Uncle of a Spider-Man dies (I’m assuming he’s dead, he might not be) and it’s kind of Spidey’s fault. But the death of Uncle Aaron is very than the death of Uncle Ben, and it’s making for some fascinating comparisons between Miles and Peter. Miles tries to break away from his Uncle’s influence, and they get involved in an epic fight, it’s always great when a fight between a hero and a villain has real personal stakes behind it, and with that in mind, this was a classic fight, brilliantly scripted by Bendis and, wow, David Marquez’s art just gets better and better. In the end, Miles damages Aaron’s gauntlets, and they blow up and kill (?) him, with Aaron saying that Miles is just like him, which is just… woah. Bendis is putting the new Spider-Man through some serious emotional shit here, and he really does have to keep asking himself ‘What would Peter Parker do?’. Thankfully this issue wasn’t all grim violence, the back-and-forth between Ganke and Miles continues to be a lot of fun, and I always love the way Bendis depicts school, even at a fancy-dan academy like Visions Academy, most of the students don’t give a fuck. I was also very interested in the panels with a hipsterish girl looking at Miles and Ganke chatting. One thing this book has lacked is a love interest for Miles, Spider-Man thrives on soap-opera style romantic subplots, and hopefully this girl is going to fill that role.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #12 (Stare at your hot mom Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Punchy wrote:and I always love the way Bendis depicts school, even at a fancy-dan academy like Visions Academy, most of the students don’t give a fuck. I was also very interested in the panels with a hipsterish girl looking at Miles and Ganke chatting.

Well kids suck.

I was glad I wasnt the only one that noticed that little scene.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand