Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #15 (Psychic Thermopylae Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #15 (Psychic Thermopylae Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 am

After spending last issue setting up Sinister’s new threat, Gillen brings that crashing into the middle of AvX as The Phoenix Five come gunning for him. But the most interesting thing about this issue wasn’t Sinister, but the problems the P-5 are causing for the X-Men as a whole. Yes, they’ve created Pax Utopia, but there’s still unrest, particularly amongst the non-Phoenixed members of Cyclops’ inner circle, Magneto, Storm and Psylocke. It was very interesting to see that even though Scott is still having meetings with all of the Extinction Team (except Hope of course) present, the Phoenix Five are having their own secret psychic meetings at the same time. That’s dangerous, you don’t want to ostracize mutants as powerful as Storm and Magneto. Also very interesting was Colossus and Magik trying to extricate Piotr from the clutches of Cytorrak. I think a lot of writers would have used this event to end Colossus’ tenure as Juggernaut, so it’s refreshing to see that Gillen has no plans to do that, at least he’s got his hair back, he looked dumb as hell when he was bald. And oh yeah, there’s also UNIT’s control of Danger going on too! There’s lots of different plotlines at work here, and it’s gripping. I can’t wait to see what happens when Cyclops and the gang fight Sinister next month, especially when Maddie Pryor gets involved.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 327 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Uncanny X-Men #15 (Psychic Thermopylae Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 am

i agree with the colossus/juggernaut thing, i'm glad they aren't just sweeping that away

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 634 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Do we know how long Acuña is sticking around? I have been looking for a reason to drop this book and if Acuña is sticking around for awhile, then I think I just found it.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Sakie wrote:Do we know how long Acuña is sticking around? I have been looking for a reason to drop this book and if Acuña is sticking around for awhile, then I think I just found it.

I don't get the Acuna hate around this place.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
I don't get the Acuna hate around this place.

Me neither, I think he's great.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

I'll take Acuna over Land ANY day of the week.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:i agree with the colossus/juggernaut thing, i'm glad they aren't just sweeping that away

Ugh. Why?

Honestly, it's one of the worst developments to a character I can ever think of.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 pm

For me since Illyana died original Colossus really hasn't had a story that came about because of something he did, he joined the Acolytes because Illyana died, killed himself to cure the Legacy Virus because of Illyana, every other storyline revolved around Kitty it seems, so its nice (at least for me) that he's dealing with something that was his choice to accept.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:For me since Illyana died original Colossus really hasn't had a story that came about because of something he did, he joined the Acolytes because Illyana died, killed himself to cure the Legacy Virus because of Illyana, every other storyline revolved around Kitty it seems, so its nice (at least for me) that he's dealing with something that was his choice to accept.

Yeah, I'm not sure I loved how we got here, but I appreciate the idea of sticking with it and seeing where it goes. I assumed (erroneously) that it would be written out shortly after Fear Itself.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:03 pm

alaska1125 wrote:I don't get the Acuna hate around this place.

Honestly, I just don't like his style. I don't know about everyone else or why they don't like Acuña but personally, his art isn't for me.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:For me since Illyana died original Colossus really hasn't had a story that came about because of something he did, he joined the Acolytes because Illyana died, killed himself to cure the Legacy Virus because of Illyana, every other storyline revolved around Kitty it seems, so its nice (at least for me) that he's dealing with something that was his choice to accept.

I get what you're saying and I agree with it for the most part but didn't Colossus become the new Juggernaut because he wanted to prevent Illyana from having to accept the responsibility and further tainting her soul?

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Sakie wrote:
I get what you're saying and I agree with it for the most part but didn't Colossus become the new Juggernaut because he wanted to prevent Illyana from having to accept the responsibility and further tainting her soul?

But it was still his choice... so he's gotta live with it... the fact that the phoenix force can't just wipe it out is a good thing to me

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 85 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Solid issue, I was going to skip the last two issues cause I thought they were going to be cross over filler, but I think I might be more interested in Sinister's sub London than AVX.

Being a huge Colossus fan I'm loving his development. He finally gets to hold his own in the +100 ton class and still have some limitations that make him really interesting. I loved how his plan to be excommunicated backfired.

I hope he's saddled with that burden forever. :D

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand