Advertisement

Age Of Apocalypse #5 (Overmind Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Age Of Apocalypse #5 (Overmind Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 am

With the whole Marvel Universe currently in a Phoenix Frenzy (or should that be Phrenzy?) it’s interesting that the only comic to feature Jean Grey has her completely depowered. It’s good to have an issue focus on Jean, she’s one of the few characters in this book we know, and an exploration of what it’s like for her to lose her telepathy is very interesting. It was great how this issue brought in lots of powerful and interesting telepaths to compare and contrast with Jean, so we got Mesmero and Shadow King and also, best of all, Quentin Quire, who while not as fun as the regular version, was suitably crazy. I’m actually kind of sad that he died, but it did allow for more ambiguity about Prophet, that guy is a great protagonist. Also very cool in this issue is that we saw the event that turned AoA Wolverine into the evil Overlord, which was him killing Kid Apocalypse. I wonder if he will suffer the same fate as the Marvel Universe’s replacement and be completely wiped? Davide Gianfelice’s art was a good fill-in, I really like his work, whether it’s in the ancient past in Northlanders, or in futuristic dystopias, he delivers. So yeah, apart from a few infuriating typos, this was another excellent issue.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 5 posts

Re: Age Of Apocalypse #5 (Overmind Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Can't AOA Jean catch a break ? Even this version can kick her ass now :lol:

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:31 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Can't AOA Jean catch a break ? Even this version can kick her ass now :lol:

Indeed...Hell, she's even going to be an Avenger now.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:34 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Indeed...Hell, she's even going to be an Avenger now.

No, she's not. :?

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Just finished the issue. Pretty good. As much as I like the regular art on this, I think it could benefit from a less gritty artist at times. It's amazing how much better the characters all came off when you could tell who's who.

Still one of the best Marvel books, though.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
No, she's not. :?

What, is it too much to make that leap from a piece of promotional art? It is? Ah, I see...well then, carry on...nothing to see here. :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand