Advertisement

Dial H #3 (Biggest ever fight Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Shitlord

Dial H #3 (Biggest ever fight Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:19 am

This issue was disappointingly light on the insane characters that populated issues 1 and 2, yes, we got Baroness Resin and Nelson’s hilarious reaction at becoming a woman, but it wasn’t enough. That said, this issue did a very good job at explaining some of what’s going on, hinting at the history of the Dials and what the villains are up to. Manteau is an interesting character, and it’s cool to compare her control of her Dial, where she remains essentially the same person, to Nelson’s. I also think that that after reading Perdido Street Station and being almost at the end of The Scar, I’m more used to China Mieville’s style and know that he doesn’t get around to the nitty gritty of plot right away, the opening chapters of his stories are about establishing a mood and a setting, and whilst Littleville is hardly as deep as New Crobuzon, the tone of this title is now well established. I also like that he and Mateus Santolouco are getting a bit more experimental, with stuff like the panels that ape 1980s John Byrne. I hope Santolouco does a whole issue in that style. This is such a weird book, it’s unlike anything else out there, this is the kind of DC Comics we should be supporting, not Before Watchmen and other shit like that. Yes, this is an old concept, but Mieville is doing something totally new.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Dial H #3 (Biggest ever fight Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:43 am

It wasn't a bad issue, but I don't know if I like the fact that with this issue they seem to be in the process of explaining the origin of the H-Dial. I can't say i think that's a good idea. The H-Dial has always worked best as this mysterious thing that has no known origin. I fear if you take that away some of the cool mystique will go away as well.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand