Advertisement

JLI #11 (Victory Kiss Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

JLI #11 (Victory Kiss Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 am

It’s the penultimate issue of JLI and in the end, Breakdown and his gang are taken down pretty easily. I wonder what Jurgens has planned for #12, will it be a fight between the team and the new Lightweaver? Or maybe just a ‘goodbye’ issue? This issue was mainly an action story, so perhaps a quieter finale would be appropriate. The best thing in this issue was the starring role that August General In Iron got to play, he managed to resist Breakdown’s touch, and then chillingly ripped him to shreds. I was surprised by the amount of villains who died in this issue actually, it was some dark shit, but then as was said, this was war. I guessed last month that Lightweaver’s brother would take over the role, but I thought that it would be as a hero, so I was half-right I suppose. Maybe he’ll still become a hero, please Jurgens, my reputation as a Comics Nostradamus is riding on you! Plus, I’m still waiting for the reveal that Booster isn’t as dumb as a bag of rocks and Rip Hunter is still around. That has to be the last page of #12 doesn’t it?

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: JLI #11 (Victory Kiss Spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:09 am

Punchy wrote:It’s the penultimate issue of JLI and in the end, Breakdown and his gang are taken down pretty easily. I wonder what Jurgens has planned for #12, will it be a fight between the team and the new Lightweaver? Or maybe just a ‘goodbye’ issue? This issue was mainly an action story, so perhaps a quieter finale would be appropriate. The best thing in this issue was the starring role that August General In Iron got to play, he managed to resist Breakdown’s touch, and then chillingly ripped him to shreds. I was surprised by the amount of villains who died in this issue actually, it was some dark shit, but then as was said, this was war. I guessed last month that Lightweaver’s brother would take over the role, but I thought that it would be as a hero, so I was half-right I suppose. Maybe he’ll still become a hero, please Jurgens, my reputation as a Comics Nostradamus is riding on you! Plus, I’m still waiting for the reveal that Booster isn’t as dumb as a bag of rocks and Rip Hunter is still around. That has to be the last page of #12 doesn’t it?

I never got any indication that the new Lightweaver was going to be anything but a hero. That wasn't vengeance he was creaming at... it was redemption.

And can I just say I love Godiva? (wait I think have said that, every month for almost a year now).

Dan Jurgens plus a beautiful woman in a white costume just works for me everytime.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 52 posts

Re: JLI #11 (Victory Kiss Spoilers)

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:58 pm

Only booster and rip promising to fix this reboot could excite me. And his old costume

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand