Advertisement

The Jamaican Flowers Graphic Novel Contest

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jmoorman26
A Quagmire

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Mr. Jamaican Flowers

The Jamaican Flowers Graphic Novel Contest

Postby jmoorman26 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:42 pm

You may or may not have seen that sweet banner adorning the bottom of many of these pages. In case you haven't, I wanted to let you know about the graphic novel contest I'm holding in conjunction with Comic Art Fans.

The official Press release is here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/SubNewsDetails.asp?NID=3772

The link to the rules for submission is on that page. I'm pretty excited about it and hope that you will all participate and submit pages. There are so many talented artists out there who just aren't story tellers/writers. I'm the opposite. I can spin a yarn with the best of them but can't draw to save my life. I wish I could, but the good Lord saw fit to keep my fingers better adept at typing than penciling.

Please give it a look and help spread the word. I'm advertising here, deviantart.com and a few other places. Without willing artists, though, the contest isn't really a contest.

Thanks in advance for giving this thread a look and for your artistic consideration and hopefully participation!

Jim Moorman
Author of Jamaican Flowers

Advertisement

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Re: The Jamaican Flowers Graphic Novel Contest

Postby shannonh » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:38 pm

WOW what an opportunity. :roll:

ROFL!!!!!!

I'll enter as long as my art can be printed on 100% cannabis. Who needs to get paid if you can roll your pages up and smoke them? SHABBA!!!!!

crazyt
Whippersnapper

Postby crazyt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:00 am

shannonh wrote:WOW what an opportunity. :roll:

ROFL!!!!!!

I'll enter as long as my art can be printed on 100% cannabis. Who needs to get paid if you can roll your pages up and smoke them? SHABBA!!!!!

lol!!!! you are taking the biscuit!!

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Jim,

Your eyes don't look red enough to be a pot head. Are you a NARC, Jim? Come on, remove your hat and let's see that CROP TOP!

jmoorman26
A Quagmire

Postby jmoorman26 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Nope, not a narc. Just an author. And, yeah, there's a pot theme to the book, but there's also a story with actual characters, plot, the whole nine yards.

If it's not your thing, that's cool. There are plenty jumping on board. Why? Because comics and GN's are still stories and while the art tells the story, there's a plot, character arcs, and conflict that need to be addressed. Many artists who would like to author their own comic or graphic novel don't know how to create those things. Why not convert a story that's already been written?

Lastly, read the book and then make your comments. I welcome them all. Until then, don't judge a book by the cover (unless you're judging your art against it)

Jim

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 am

You get what you pay for.....or not pay for. In this day and age your not going to get a good artist by just promising print. You're late on that boat. Print ain't SHIT. So try again.

jmoorman26
A Quagmire

Postby jmoorman26 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Dude-
I'm not trying to get an artist. I wrote the book. I don't need an artist for anything. If you read the contest, I'm trying to give an artist a chance to create their own book. They just get to use my story, characters, etc.

I'm pretty sure you missed the whole point but oh well.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 am

:shock: Dude, put down the frisbee and stop smoikin' that shit.

chaptse
luchadore

Postby chaptse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 am

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner