Friday, April 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Article snarks

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:53 am

Holland Oats wrote:I go to CBR for news now.

Which pretty much defeats the initiative.

Like I said, Jude should spend some time checking out Deadspin for ideas how to present the snark without getting too heavy handed about it.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 am

I think we need a series of Snark Article Civil War banners.

Use that picture for the "I'm with Jude Terror" banners.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 am

I snarked your mom last night.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 am

Punchy wrote:I snarked your mom last night.

/slotted

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:41 am

There is obviously no middle ground to be had between dry, copy and pasted articles and ones that are practically parody.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

Timbales wrote:There is obviously no middle ground to be had between dry, copy and pasted articles and ones that are practically parody.

I don't care for the snark in this post. Please change the tone of your posts because I don't like it. I would prefer if you made posts that were more informative with less sarcasm. Since you perform this service for free, it is your duty to do it to my specifications.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 am

Seems like I must be the douchebag because I actually like to read comic news here and lately can't get any of it here.

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I don't care for the snark in this post. Please change the tone of your posts because I don't like it. I would prefer if you made posts that were more informative with less sarcasm. Since you perform this service for free, it is your duty to do it to my specifications.

How dare you be critical of my posts. I will now try to belittle you and make you feel like your were wrong to not enjoy my every post.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 am

Jesus titty fucking Christ this place is packed with crybaby bitches.

and remember if The Nacireman says you are doing something wrong you are probably on the right track. :outhouse:

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 am

AaronW wrote:Jesus titty fucking Christ this place is packed with crybaby bitches.

and remember if The Nacireman says you are doing something wrong you are probably on the right track. :outhouse:

Heaven forbid there's constructive criticism. :roll:

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 am

Twenty-six of the last forty articles posted on the front page (which covers the last 40 hours or so) have no snark in them whatsoever.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 am

Chesscub wrote:
Heaven forbid there's constructive criticism. :roll:

Jude already laid out the ultimate suggestion. Write some solid nonfunny by the book articles. :smt102

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 am

BlueMole wrote:Twenty-six of the last forty articles posted on the front page (which covers the last 40 hours or so) have no snark in them whatsoever.

Those ones all blew IMO.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am

I appreciate constructive criticism. "Hey Jude, I felt this specific article, you laid it on a little heavy." "Hey Jude, I would have appreciated a little bit more information in the (example) article."

"There's too much snark, it's everywhere, Arrgghh!" "ThanosCopter has ruined the site!" and "Jude and Thanos Copter should write less articles!" does not have much constructive value to me, so I'm not sure how else to respond.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

Also, a lot of writers spend time here writing serious, non-snarky reviews and other columns. I frequently see them fall down the page with no comments, ignored. Maybe instead of focusing on the stuff people don't like, they should provide positive feedback to the stuff they do like, thus encouraging those writers to write more and making them feel like their work is appreciated. My last VS. has, I believe, 0 comments. Red and Blue Reviews put out at least 3 columns in the last week, with less than 5 comments between them.

leave a comment with facebook