Advertisement

Action Comics #11

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 161 posts

Action Comics #11

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Superman's New Secret Identity Revealed !

Check out this 5-page preview of Action Comics #11 !

• Superman's NEW secret identity revealed!
• LOIS LANE continues her investigation into the mystery of Earth's FIRST Superman!
• Plus, in the backup story: We know where Superman got his armor costume, but where did he get all those "S" T-shirts?

Writer: Grant Morrison
Art: Rags Morales, Bradley Walker, Rick Bryant
Backup Story Writer: Sholly Fisch
Backup Story Art: CAFU
Cover: Rags Morales

40 pages, $3.99 (US)
On Sale: July 4 2012

Action Comics #11

Action Comics #11

Action Comics #11

Action Comics #11

Action Comics #11

Action Comics #11

Source: ComicBookMovie.com

Written or Contributed by: IvCNuB4

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/newspreviews/124/20214-action-comics-11.html/

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Action Comics #11

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:51 pm

NuSuperman: Making housing more unaffordable to the poor in Metropolis since 2011.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 216 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 am

"Heroes Who CARE" :-D
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Ha. I thought that odd cloaked guy from last issue seemed familiar. This issue you see his outfit, but it was his accessory and mention of The Cometeer that made the "light go on." This also made sense of the references to The Blake Farm Ghost last issue and this issue. The dude is the Nu52 Captain Comet. Image
Even has the same origin as the original version from 1931.

And Lois' odd little niece, Susie, is a reference to the step-daughter of the pre-COIE Lucy Lane from Earth-2 :D
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:14 am

An interesting issue which sees Superman deal with what his life is like after killing off his Clark Kent identity. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it seems he’s realising that he was more Clark than he thought he was. I did like seeing his new identity as ‘Johnny Clark’ the Fireman though, a good fit. Although, surely George Taylor would have recognised that Johnny was Clark? The guest-appearance from Batman was pretty good, it looks like Bats will play a part in the resurrection of Clark Kent. The stuff with Lois’ niece was odd, is that weird red dude Captain Comet? Lois mentions the Blake Farm, and Comet’s real name is Adam Blake. It seems like that’s where Morrison is going here, but you never know. The back-up story was a lot of fun, exploring the ‘I Love NY’ nature of Superman’s new t-shirt and jeans look. This book continues to be a lot of fun, but I wish we were getting more of the street-level social crusader Superman and less cosmic nonsense. Not that I don’t like this new Captain Comet, but I was much more enthused with the opening scene of Superman rebuilding the broken houses and inspiring people in more lasting ways.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 am

Not a bad issue. Weird that people are guessing that it's Captain Comet (I thought it was pretty obvious especially with the mutant born 10,000 years early (changed from 1000 years because we know in LSH there are no mutants (er... 'nutants'))).

And as I read the issue, I got the distinct impression that Johnny Clark isn't just a new identity. Since George didn't recognize him and we never actually see them switching outfits, maybe instead of a Superman Robot, he has a Clark robot.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I felt the book was almost a total waste. I'm hoping there's more Morrison's overreaching story than just an alien invasion/intergalactic force of destruction heading toward Earth, because I'm already getting sick of it.

I'm also getting sick of socially awkward Superman, because it just doesn't work. Supes it supposed to be for the "little guys," but you barely see him interact with any of them. Look at the fire house scene, "Johnny barely interacted with the rest of the crew. It takes a lot of teamwork to be part of an engine crew. I wonder if Morrison even understands that. (Not that I think "Johnny Clark" is going to be around in the first place.)

And I'm having a hard time buying "Johnny Clark" making it on to a major metropolitan fire department so soon after Clark Kent's "Death". It took months for my friend to get on one of the local county sheriff's department. I can't imagine Supes being able to get on the Metropolis FD without an even more through background check than what he (my friend) went through. And that included the dept. getting in touch with the references they gave him, checking out his military record, etc.

Maybe the backup story should have explained that instead of the dumb@$$ t-shirt story which was probably a load of bull$#!t to begin with. These backups are a waste. DC should use the extra pages for an ongoing Steel or some other character back-up.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Amoebas wrote:Not a bad issue. Weird that people are guessing that it's Captain Comet (I thought it was pretty obvious especially with the mutant born 10,000 years early (changed from 1000 years because we know in LSH there are no mutants (er... 'nutants'))).

Except Ferro Lad, Tyroc, Chemical King, etc.

Gee for an long-time Legion fan, you sure know $#!t about the Legion.

And as I read the issue, I got the distinct impression that Johnny Clark isn't just a new identity. Since George didn't recognize him and we never actually see them switching outfits, maybe instead of a Superman Robot, he has a Clark robot.

Since socially awkward Supes has the social skills of a thumbtack, I would doubt that he already had "multiple identities." And George probably didn't make the connection because he was probably stoned on meds.

- Sons of the Desert

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 pm

I love how angry this run makes Nac, it's hilarious.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:38 pm

I don't have the issue in front of me but didn't Batman make a comment like "leave your problem with me" ? I assumed he worked some kind of Bat-magic/cyber trick/paid someone to get Kal the new identity.
-

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Punchy wrote:I love how angry this run makes Nac, it's hilarious.

Look, Superman shouldn't have the social skills of someone with Aspengers, but he does. Worse,11 issues in , you would think Morrison would have had enough time to explain why Supes is who he is, but hasn't. Worse, I don't think he gives a $#!t.

I have no clue what makes Superman tick. " What events growing up caused him to be who he is? What were the motivations behind his caring for the "little man" so much. (Especially coming from what's pretty much a Red State part of the country like the Midwest). Why does someone who grew up on Earth around humans seem to have such a time interacting with them?

It feels like this version of Supes (along with Johns previous version) is flawed as it spends so much on Supes being "alien," when it makes little sense as he was raised as a human being. This feels too much like a damaged version of Supes, and one that doesn't really work.

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:49 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I don't have the issue in front of me but didn't Batman make a comment like "leave your problem with me" ? I assumed he worked some kind of Bat-magic/cyber trick/paid someone to get Kal the new identity.

That happened after Supes was shown as "Johnny," and it didn't seem like it was a flashback scene. I seemed like Supes wanted Bats to help him figure out a way to bring Clark "back" logically.

- Sons of the Desert

powerboy2k5

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby powerboy2k5 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:18 pm

quick question: why is he flipping between tee shirt costume when he's doing real hero work and kryptonian armor when he's chumming it up with the league?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 386 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:39 pm

powerboy2k5 wrote:quick question: why is he flipping between tee shirt costume when he's doing real hero work and kryptonian armor when he's chumming it up with the league?

I was wondering that as well. It makes little sense to me.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I was wondering that as well. It makes little sense to me.

What the f**k does with NuSupes?

I get the feeling the use of the blue suit in Action is something that's kind of more editorial mandated than from GM.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews