Advertisement

New Avengers #28 (You always smell good Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

New Avengers #28 (You always smell good Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:26 am

A very fun issue showing just how the X-Men are treating their prisoners. We think we’re following a successful escape attempt from the X-Brig by Spider-Woman, Hawkeye and Luke Cage, and just when we think they’ve done it… we’re yanked back to the real prison and shown that it’s all a simulation from Danger. It’s a great twist and one that makes a lot of sense considering who the X-Men’s prison officer is. I do wonder about whether this level of mental torture is a step too far towards villainy from the X-Men. Up until now I had thought that AvX was doing a good job at showing that both sides have a legitimate point, but something like this is a trick you’d expect from Doctor Doom, not Cyclops. But we’ll see, maybe another issue will show that the Avengers are being just as dickish to their prisoners, this is a War after all. I did like that, even though this was a simulation, Bendis gave us some fun character stuff, like continuing to develop Hawkeye and Spider-Woman’s relationship and even little bits like Spider-Woman’s surprise that Luke Cage can grow hair through his unbreakable skin.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand