Advertisement

Batman #11 (No way off the tour bus Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Batman #11 (No way off the tour bus Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:11 am

Was this issue inspired by The Incredibles? Thomas Wayne Jnr spent the entire issue monologuing, and it heavily involved an aeroplane propellor. I’m guessing it wasn’t intentional, but it did remind me of the Pixar classic. This was a strong issue, even if I did find Thomas’ speechifying a little tiresome. I really like how Snyder has kept the shocking revelation of #10 ambiguous, we still don’t really know whether or not ‘Thomas’ is who he says he is, or just part of a more elaborate plot to fuck with Batman. I’m personally leaning towards it being true, that he is Bruce’s brother, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was revealed to be a lie. I just don’t know, and that’s a good thing. I really liked the scene at the end with Bruce and Dick chatting, and how everything tied back in to Gotham City, and nobody, not even Batman or the Owls, can claim ownership of the city. Greg Capullo out-did himself with the maze page at the end there, a really cool idea. This whole story is a maze. The back-up was once again interesting, with more hints about ‘Thomas’, but still… will we ever know for sure? I’m interested in seeing what’s next for this book, we’ve had 11 issues of one story, hopefully Snyder can maintain the momentum, it certainly looks like he’ll be able to with a certain Clown Prince of Crime getting involved.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand