Monday, September 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Saucer Country #5 (We're all Forteans now Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:34 am

The first arc of this title comes to an end, and I’m still not really sure about whether or not I like it. The central concept is good and I love the layers and layers of ambiguity that are surrounding everything, you’re never sure about what’s real and what’s not, but there’s still something not quite right. I think it may be that there’s just too much going on and that Cornell has not really nailed down who everyone is and what they want. I guess that’s part of the ambiguous nature, but at the moment I have no idea what the motivations are behind Doctor Glass, or the Radio Host, or that Major, or Astelle and the Blue-Bird Group. It’s confusing. That said, each issue does have great scenes, particularly the flashbacks with the aliens, which are very very creepy. Hopefully now that this first arc has established all of the characters, we’ll be able to slow down and focus on one or two of them at a time and things will become a little clearer.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 am

I both like and dislike that it takes me multiple re-reads to get what's going on in this book.

leave a comment with facebook