Advertisement

American Vampire: Lord Of Nightmares #2 (I need to kill you

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

American Vampire: Lord Of Nightmares #2 (I need to kill you

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 am

This mini is really shaping into something great, I love Snyder’s take on Dracula here. Along with Dustin Nguyen’s brilliantly atmospheric artwork, this issue managed to deliver a lot of exposition about who this version of Dracula, but make it gripping and exciting. I thought it was cool how this was done using text and artwork from outside the story, perhaps a nod to Stroker’s Dracula being an epistolary novel? I also really liked how Snyder tied in Dracula to Jack The Ripper and the theory that Jack was actually a member of the Royal Family. It’s also very exciting that Dracula is causing this level of trouble for the VMS before we’ve even seen him, he can control all of the other Carpathian Vampires. I wonder if we’ll even get to see him in the story? It could be more effective if his evil influence is all we get. He can even control Gus, who only used to be a Vampire.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand