Advertisement

Saucer Country #5 (We're all Forteans now Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Saucer Country #5 (We're all Forteans now Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:34 am

The first arc of this title comes to an end, and I’m still not really sure about whether or not I like it. The central concept is good and I love the layers and layers of ambiguity that are surrounding everything, you’re never sure about what’s real and what’s not, but there’s still something not quite right. I think it may be that there’s just too much going on and that Cornell has not really nailed down who everyone is and what they want. I guess that’s part of the ambiguous nature, but at the moment I have no idea what the motivations are behind Doctor Glass, or the Radio Host, or that Major, or Astelle and the Blue-Bird Group. It’s confusing. That said, each issue does have great scenes, particularly the flashbacks with the aliens, which are very very creepy. Hopefully now that this first arc has established all of the characters, we’ll be able to slow down and focus on one or two of them at a time and things will become a little clearer.

Advertisement

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Saucer Country #5 (We're all Forteans now Spoilers)

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 am

I both like and dislike that it takes me multiple re-reads to get what's going on in this book.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand