Advertisement

Swamp Thing #11 (Unimpressed Un-Men Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Swamp Thing #11 (Unimpressed Un-Men Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:13 am

Oh yes, it’s beginning. Animal Man and his family show up on the last page and what we’ve been waiting for all year is kicking off. Rotworld bitches! But first, there’s the small matter of Anton Arcane and his Un-Men trying to kidnap Abbie. Arcane was just so creepy in this issue, with little mouths everywhere, that’s the kind of shit that haunts you late at night 20 years later. It was very cool to see the souped-up Swamp Thing take on a version of his arch-nemesis who has also had his powers increased, it’s taking things to the next level. Marco Rudy’s art was good, he’s not quite as polished as Paquette, but he does a solid job, I really liked the scenes set inside the Parliament Of Trees, who are now cute little Swamp Thing babies. Aaaaaaw. It did seem like Arcane was defeated a little easily, but I’m sure he’ll be back soon enough as part of ‘Rotworld’. I really hope that story lives up to the hype. Roll on August the 1st!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Swamp Thing #11 (Unimpressed Un-Men Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I like getting the conformation that the Parliament of Trees still lives. After last issue it was almost a certain thing, but it's still nice to see that confirmation. I also agree with you about the ending, I'm really looking forward to Rotworld. I do have to say that the last page has me worried about somebody though.

This will be a bit of a spoiler for issue #11 of Animal Man:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
After Cliff collapsed at the end of last week's Animal Man, it's a little worrying not to see him with Buddy, Ellen and Maxine.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand