Advertisement

Fantastic Four #608 (Until that day Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 56 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fantastic Four #608 (Until that day Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:53 am

Despite wrapping it up in a lot of mystical mumbo-jumbo, this issue achieved something pretty simple, which was restoring T’Challa to his rightful place as Black Panther, but doing so without getting rid of Shuri, because, jeez, if that had happened, the WiR brigade would have come out in force once again. T’Challa is now the ‘King Of The City Of The Dead’ or some nonsense, but basically he has his powers back, and then some, because now he has the knowledge of all the previous Black Panthers in his head. There’s also now some kind of supernatural connection between him and Reed Richards, which I’m sure we’ll get to see play out in approximately 3 years. I found it interesting how this issue teased the events of Avengers Vs X-Men, with some kind of reverse foreshadowing. We already know that Wakanda is getting flooded due to the Phoenix, but Hickman has tied it in with his ongoing story. Interesting indeed, although I’m sure someone out there is pissed that a crossover intruded even this little bit onto this title.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand