Advertisement

Avengers Academy #33 (Prime Directive Override Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Avengers Academy #33 (Prime Directive Override Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:52 am

One of my favourite movies, and I’m not just talking about kid’s movies or cartoons, but movies as a whole, is Brad Bird’s ‘The Iron Giant’, it’s a great film, and it never fails to make me cry buckets. This issue, which heavily focuses on Juston and his Sentinel, reminded me a lot of that movie, and whilst I wasn’t quite reduced to tears here, it was still an excellent comic and one with real emotional heft. The main story was the continuation of Phoenix-Emma trying to destroy the Sentinel, and the Avengers Academy fighting her off. I thought it was very interesting how this issue turned into somewhat of a character-focus on Quicksilver, and sort of redeemed him. He’s been a massive prick for so long that you kind of forget that he’s a hero, and seeing him, a mutant, save the ‘life’ of a Sentinel was a great moment, even if he was still trying to be mean. Timothy Green’s art was once again very good, although I did feel it was a bit on the nose that the Sentinel’s core-processor (or whatever) looked exactly like a heart, but then that may not have been his call. The issue ends on a shocking note, as Giant-Man and Tigra decide to close the Academy, I really like this, it means the crossover has had a real impact, and I really don’t know what to expect from the next few issues. Do we know if this book is continuing during Marvel NOW!? Could this be a devastating finale?

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 338 posts

Re: Avengers Academy #33 (Prime Directive Override Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Its not over. Not even by a long shot.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 205 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Yeah Punchy, you do know the books has been solicited during the Marvel Now stuff right?

Other than that, I completely agree and really love what Gage has been doing with Laura.

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:29 am

No, don't destroy the mutant killing Sentinel! A kid with serious abandonment issues needs him instead of therapy!
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 am

This is the same Sentinel from the Tsunami series right? Really liked that book.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 am

Zero wrote:This is the same Sentinel from the Tsunami series right? Really liked that book.

Yep, it's the McKeever character.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand