Monday, June 18, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Sorry Arion, I don't think that the title means what you want it to.

Real Bout High School's Sora Inoue Starts Soccer Manga

This year's 15th issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine will feature the debut of Samurai Girl Real Bout High School artist Sora Inoue's new manga, My Ball. The romantic comedy follows a female high school student's day-to-day activities in the school soccer club. The August issue of Young Animal is scheduled to go on sale on July 27.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Interesting...

Digital Manga Reaches Funding Goal for Tezuka's Triton

North American publisher Digital Manga raised US$47,000 in pledges, and reached its "stretch goal" for printing Osamu Tezuka's Triton of the Sea adventure manga (along with two other Tezuka titles) on Saturday.

Triton of the Sea (Umi no Triton) originally ran the Sankei Shimbun paper from 1969 to 1971. Digital Manga describes the story:

It's the story of Triton, a boy living in modern Japan who discovers he is the last survivor of the destruction of Atlantis by the god Poseidon. With his dolphin comrades by his side once again, he goes on a quest to avenge his family and, more importantly, begin to understand where he came from.

Digital Manga plans to release the series in two volumes in June 2013 and August 2013 for US$19.95 each. The publisher posted a preview of the first pages.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Also interesting...

"My Ordinary Life" Girls (More) Realistically Drawn

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 am

It all started so suddenly. As I was perusing the pages of the newspaper a headline caught my attention: Peter David in Lima. I reread it again, in disbelief. Could it be possible? Peter David here in Perú? It’d be fair to say that this was the first time a high profile author would visit my country, after all, Perú is hardly an important market for the American comic book industry. So I was there for Peter’s wonderfully fun talk. I laughed out loud and I also felt deeply touched by Peter’s words about Rictor and Shatterstar: in a few years, being gay shouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps the next generation will be a happier one. I really hope so. I can only say that I had a terribly hard time coming to terms with my own sexuality. And of course, later on I had the honor of having Peter David signing a couple of issues of X-Factor for me. And someone was kind enough to take a pic of us. I guess good things are unpredictable. They happen suddenly. One minute you’re reading the newspaper and the next one you’re shaking hands with one of your idols.

As of today I'm no longer working on TV. Losing yet another job upsets me, but I'm still so happy after meeting Peter David that I simply don't care. Oh well, it was fun writing Peruvian TV shows while it lasted...

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:02 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I am NOT Cat-Scratch

:roll:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Arion wrote:It all started so suddenly. As I was perusing the pages of the newspaper a headline caught my attention: Peter David in Lima. I reread it again, in disbelief. Could it be possible? Peter David here in Perú? It’d be fair to say that this was the first time a high profile author would visit my country, after all, Perú is hardly an important market for the American comic book industry. So I was there for Peter’s wonderfully fun talk. I laughed out loud and I also felt deeply touched by Peter’s words about Rictor and Shatterstar: in a few years, being gay shouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps the next generation will be a happier one. I really hope so. I can only say that I had a terribly hard time coming to terms with my own sexuality. And of course, later on I had the honor of having Peter David signing a couple of issues of X-Factor for me. And someone was kind enough to take a pic of us. I guess good things are unpredictable. They happen suddenly. One minute you’re reading the newspaper and the next one you’re shaking hands with one of your idols.

As of today I'm no longer working on TV. Losing yet another job upsets me, but I'm still so happy after meeting Peter David that I simply don't care. Oh well, it was fun writing Peruvian TV shows while it lasted...

Sorry to hear you lost that job. Lets blame Peter David for it. He obviously jinxed you.

Or, blame SD.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Sorry to hear you lost that job. Lets blame Peter David for it. He obviously jinxed you.

Or, blame SD.

Oh you wouldn't say that if SD was here.

Hopefully I don't look too fat on that pic, do I (for the record, Mr. David is on the left and I'm the guy on the right...)

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:13 pm

sdsichero wrote:Sorry Arion, I don't think that the title means what you want it to.

Real Bout High School's Sora Inoue Starts Soccer Manga

Damn it! I had high hopes for it.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Arion wrote:It all started so suddenly. As I was perusing the pages of the newspaper a headline caught my attention: Peter David in Lima. I reread it again, in disbelief. Could it be possible? Peter David here in Perú? It’d be fair to say that this was the first time a high profile author would visit my country, after all, Perú is hardly an important market for the American comic book industry. So I was there for Peter’s wonderfully fun talk. I laughed out loud and I also felt deeply touched by Peter’s words about Rictor and Shatterstar: in a few years, being gay shouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps the next generation will be a happier one. I really hope so. I can only say that I had a terribly hard time coming to terms with my own sexuality. And of course, later on I had the honor of having Peter David signing a couple of issues of X-Factor for me. And someone was kind enough to take a pic of us. I guess good things are unpredictable. They happen suddenly. One minute you’re reading the newspaper and the next one you’re shaking hands with one of your idols.

I did hear he was going to some south american event, cool that you got to meet him. I'm a fan of his work as well. And no you do not look fat... but you look nothing like your avatar. :smt011

:P

Sorry to hear about the loss of your job. Did you show PAD your work?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Arion wrote:
Oh you wouldn't say that if SD was here.

Hopefully I don't look too fat on that pic, do I (for the record, Mr. David is on the left and I'm the guy on the right...)

Yes I would.

Oh, I thought it was the other way around. :P

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I did hear he was going to some south american event, cool that you got to meet him. I'm a fan of his work as well. And no you do not look fat... but you look nothing like your avatar. :smt011

:P

Sorry to hear about the loss of your job. Did you show PAD your work?

Oh, don't tell me you thought I had blonde hair, silver boots and a long sceptre ...

Oh yes, I actually gave Peter an issue of The Gathering and he promised to read my story.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Arion wrote:
Oh, don't tell me you thought I had blonde hair, silver boots and a long sceptre ...

Oh yes, I actually gave Peter an issue of The Gathering and he promised to read my story.

:oops:

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Yes I would.

Oh, I thought it was the other way around. :P

I have two more pics. In one of them I look kind of fatty, and in the other one I have these weird wrinkles under my eyes. I'm only 28 but I don't feel that young anymore!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Arion wrote:
I have two more pics. In one of them I look kind of fatty, and in the other one I have these weird wrinkles under my eyes. I'm only 28 but I don't feel that young anymore!

You'll be wearing pants right?

Those eye things can hit during your teens. No biggie. You old fart. :P

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Have I called Cat-scratch a tsundere lately?
Damn,I think I had been neglecting my duties .

leave a comment with facebook