Advertisement

Venom #21 (Damn Betty Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Venom #21 (Damn Betty Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:09 am

In case you didn’t already know, this issue was a shocking reminder that Rick Remender’s Venom does not play around. Flash faces his final confrontation with the Crime-Master, who we now know is Bennett Brant, and it’s just as shocking and violent as you’d expect. And it’s not over yet. Even though at the end Bennett his killed not by Venom, but by his sister Betty, there’s one part of this story left to tell, and while it’s a shame that the preview page spoiled it, I’m very much looking forward to one more Venom/Jack O’Lantern battle. But first, the events of #21. We get an insight into just how Bennett isn’t dead, and it really only begs more questions. I wonder if Remender or Bunn are going to explore this idea of there being a secret organisation of Crime-Masters in one of his other titles, it could be a good thing for the Uncanny Avengers to investigate. This issue also featured some great fights, with first Venom against Megatak, and then Venom Vs Toxin. A few years ago the idea of symbiotes battling each other would have been a big no-no for me, but Remender has somehow made it work, these characters are no longer lame. And in the best example of this book not pulling it’s punches… when you think Flash has saved Eddie Brock from Toxin, he instead gets sucked back in and horrifically burned. Poor Eddie, he just can’t win. Then at the end, Flash comes clean to the Secret Avengers, I really can’t over-state how great this book is, it makes no sense that a Venom series is good, but it is.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 178 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Venom #21 (Damn Betty Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 am

You get the feeling this is it for Crime-Master or will he show up? I mean.. if Jack O'Lantern survives his little bath, could Bennett survive the bullet in his chest AND the dip? Nice conclusion though save the Six didn't really do anything together, or showcase what the hell Crime-Master big goals were for assembling them.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 116 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 pm

All the Remender books are amazing, but Venom is something special. 8)

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Is Eddie supposed to be "dead" or just burned

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 360 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 pm

I gotta say that I absolutely love this book! It has been amazing from the beginning and only gets better as it goes on. I never would have believed a book featuring Flash Thompson as the title character portraying a version of Venom unlike any we have ever seen before would be this damn good! It really is though, I don't think I have read a better book from Marvel or DC in the last 2 years.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 380 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Tee-Roy'd wrote:I gotta say that I absolutely love this book! It has been amazing from the beginning and only gets better as it goes on. I never would have believed a book featuring Flash Thompson as the title character portraying a version of Venom unlike any we have ever seen before would be this damn good! It really is though, I don't think I have read a better book from Marvel or DC in the last 2 years.

i'm really surprised i like this book... never would have thought i'd love a book starring Venom.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 178 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Kerny wrote:Is Eddie supposed to be "dead" or just burned

Probably to have him "exit" the story. You don't want him to be around for the "final" battle between Flash and Crime-Master.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:03 am

Kerny wrote:Is Eddie supposed to be "dead" or just burned

Just burned I reckon.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand