Advertisement

Secret Avengers #29 (We're going to have fun Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Secret Avengers #29 (We're going to have fun Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 am

Spoilers for the end of AvX! There is still a Marvel Universe for stories to take place in! Heh. Anyways, this issue returns the book to its core cast and core motive, the Secret Avengers taking on the Shadow Council. So there’s the return of John Steele, of that Red Light District Country from the Point One issue, and of Max Fury himself. It’s great to have this story back, and I’m very excited to see Remender wrap up a story Brubaker started 3 years ago with the crowns and all that. It was cool for the team return to Bagalia, especially now that it’s population is 100% super-villains. The Masters Of Evil have their own Sovereign Nation! Come on, that’s escalation in story we can all get behind. It was good to see Venom take centre-stage in this issue, I love his solo book and now that Remender is leaving it, it’s cool that he’ll get to write the character butt heads with Hawkeye and attempt to bone Valkyrie in this title. The fight between him and Taskmaster should be good. There’s also the little matter of ‘Ant-Man’ being a spy for ‘Father’, I wonder how long until that plays out, his new decent attitude should be raising some alarm bells surely, he’s gone from being the worst guy in the world to being a goodie-two-shoes. I also dug that Remender kept some humour in here, Zombie Rasputin!

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 5 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Secret Avengers #29 (We're going to have fun Spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:32 pm

So after AvX, there'll definitely be a Secret Avengers roster.. and its safe to say that all the characters in this book will be unharmed..

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand