Advertisement

Dark Avengers #178 (The Curb-Stomp Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Dark Avengers #178 (The Curb-Stomp Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:17 am

This book continues to be a lot of fun, I’m really enjoying how well Parker is balancing two separate storylines, each with very large casts, he’s juggling a lot here and he’s pulling it off. This issue probably featured a bit more of the Dark Avengers than the Thunderbolts, so let’s start with them. The team faces off against a bunch of Dagan Shah’s monsters in a very entertaining fight scene which demonstrated just how great an artist Declan Shalvey has become. I particularly like the way he draws Dark Spider-Man, he’s very, well, spider-like. I’d like to see Shalvey draw an arc of Spidey, which would be excellent. I also like how Parker is developing the rest of the team, especially Toxic Doxie. I was wary of these characters joining the book at first, but I’m liking it now. Back to the future (heh) as the Thunderbolts face a Judge Dredd kind of character that seems to be a pensioner Luke Cage in Iron Man armour. Being British I am of course a big fan of Judge Dredd, so it was a lot of fun to see an analogue kick some wimpy US superhero butt. I’m not immediately gripped by this alternate future yet, but I’m sure Parker will do a good job with it next issue. Kev Walker did his usual excellent job on these sequences too, I think that’s probably part of why the two storylines are working, each has a distinct artist.

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Re: Dark Avengers #178 (The Curb-Stomp Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:21 pm

I have to admit that I'm loving this book. If I had to Internet bitch about anything, it's that I hate Dredd analogues and that whoever coined the name "Toxic Doxie" should be put in a corner for about 20 years.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand