Advertisement

Superman #11 (The closest thing to flying Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Superman #11 (The closest thing to flying Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:18 am

Hey guys, just a tip, but if the cover to your comic promises to reveal ‘the secret’ behind Superman’s new costume, it might be a good idea to actually reveal the secret, rather than just showing the transformation and explaining nothing about it. A rather odd choice of cover blurb indeed. Other than that, this was a good comic. There’s two main strands to it, the first is Clark Kent dealing with all sorts of relationship drama with Lois, Jonathan Carroll and Lucy Lane. I quite like that Jonathan Carroll isn’t actually a shirtless McConaughey douche like he seemed in #1, but actually a good guy, adds some depth to Clark’s sadness, and also redeems Lois a bit. It seems to me like they are setting us up for a Clark/Lucy romance, which would be an interesting twist I guess, and I’m sure it would annoy a lot of hardcore marriage fans, which is always worth it. The other storyline involves a return to the Russian Submarine stuff from a few months ago, as Superman fights a generic green alien bad-ass. My main problem with this book has actually been how lame the new villains have been, why exactly isn’t Superman fighting any of his traditional foes? Do the DC higher-ups consider Toyman and Prankster and Mr Mxyzptlk to be toxic? I can’t imagine why… But seriously, those silver-age villains may be lame, but at least they aren’t painfully 90s. Hopefully this lizard-dude gets some development in the next issue. I did however like ‘Ivan’ the Russian spy, especially the mention of him being undercover in Presidential Security! The US government in the DCU really is incompetent.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Superman #11 (The closest thing to flying Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 am

Punchy wrote:Hey guys, just a tip, but if the cover to your comic promises to reveal ‘the secret’ behind Superman’s new costume, it might be a good idea to actually reveal the secret, rather than just showing the transformation and explaining nothing about it. A rather odd choice of cover blurb indeed. Other than that, this was a good comic. There’s two main strands to it, the first is Clark Kent dealing with all sorts of relationship drama with Lois, Jonathan Carroll and Lucy Lane. I quite like that Jonathan Carroll isn’t actually a shirtless McConaughey douche like he seemed in #1, but actually a good guy, adds some depth to Clark’s sadness, and also redeems Lois a bit. It seems to me like they are setting us up for a Clark/Lucy romance, which would be an interesting twist I guess, and I’m sure it would annoy a lot of hardcore marriage fans, which is always worth it. The other storyline involves a return to the Russian Submarine stuff from a few months ago, as Superman fights a generic green alien bad-ass. My main problem with this book has actually been how lame the new villains have been, why exactly isn’t Superman fighting any of his traditional foes? Do the DC higher-ups consider Toyman and Prankster and Mr Mxyzptlk to be toxic? I can’t imagine why… But seriously, those silver-age villains may be lame, but at least they aren’t painfully 90s. Hopefully this lizard-dude gets some development in the next issue. I did however like ‘Ivan’ the Russian spy, especially the mention of him being undercover in Presidential Security! The US government in the DCU really is incompetent.

Considering the dwarf in Action, might be Mr Mxyzptlk, it may just be because Morrison is still using him.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand