Advertisement

Spaceman #8 (Sorry to fuck up your ratings Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Spaceman #8 (Sorry to fuck up your ratings Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 pm

The penultimate issue of Spaceman was, to me at least, the most overtly critical of modern society and reality TV of all of them so far. Azzarello doesn’t hold back here with the callousness of the TV producers, it’s very scathing. I’m not sure how I feel about it, I know science fiction is supposed to be a mirror to our modern world and blah de blah, but it is very on the nose. The more interesting stuff to me here were the scenes with Orson and Carter, the dialogue between them was very strong, and what they were discussing was very interesting, such as the similar natures of their jobs, and their own unique positions as Spacemen. Risso’s art was fantastic as usual, and I’m very much looking forward to seeing just how Azz will tie everything together, both in the present with Tara, and also the flashbacks, where I’m still adamant that Orson killed Ottershaw.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand