Advertisement

Aquaman #11 (Haven't spoken in 2 years Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Aquaman #11 (Haven't spoken in 2 years Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:22 am

This issue reveals just what the heck those shiny gold things Aquaman and the rest of The Others have are, they are artefacts from the tomb of the first King of Atlantis, which makes sense, and considering this was the King who reigned when Atlantis sunk, it ties back in to Johns’ big running subplot. We also learn what Black Manta’s overall plan is, which is to find an artefact that The Others missed. I really like how bad-ass Black Manta is, I kind of feel like Johns’ use of villains is overrated, I particularly have a problem with the fact that he seems to like Flash’s Rogues more than Flash himself, but it does have to be said that he’s done just as good a job rehabilitating Black Manta here as he has with Aquaman himself. It was also good to find out more about some of The Others themselves, they are very cool new characters, although it was a little lame how Vostock immediately went into ‘telling origin mode’, surely most of these guys already know his origin? I also liked that The Others were annoyed at Aquaman for ditching them when he became one of the cool kids and joined the Justice League. Ivan Reis’ artwork was once again brilliant, I loved the pages where Aquaman leaped from the plane. This issue also introduces a new mystery, if it’s not Shin, then who was working with Black Manta? I’m guessing it’s one of The Others, but which one? Probably Ya’Wara.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Aquaman #11 (Haven't spoken in 2 years Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:28 pm

The future solicits already have suggested that one of the Others is a traitor.

Ya'Wara might be a suspect, but also consider that so far, the only other ones that Manta hasn't attacked is Vostok (conveniently off-world and out of touch with everyone) and the Operative. Since the Operative broke into Manta's HQ, the other suspect,by extension, might be his grand-son.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand