Advertisement

The Boys #69 Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

The Boys #69 Spoilers

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Holy shit
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: The Boys #69 Spoilers

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Butcher's plot continues...he's blown up frenchie and the female....this issue was tough to slog through...it's relatively slow but that's not why...it's because the end is seriously fucking NIGH.

Butcher also has a phone conversation with hughie and talks him through his plan to kill all the supes including hughie and butcher sort of a supe genocide. Of course Hughie also realizes what so many have known since day 1...it's all going to come down to Butcher and Hughie and that was always Butchers plan.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Max Blyss
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 0 post
Title: -The Juice Machine-

Postby Max Blyss » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Coupla days 'til comic day for me...
...They Don't think it be like it is, but it do.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Great issue. I'm so excited to see how the series ends. I have a feeling Annie will show up in the last issue and help Hughie kill Butcher.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:07 am

DeadFett wrote:Great issue. I'm so excited to see how the series ends. I have a feeling Annie will show up in the last issue and help Hughie kill Butcher.

I don't know...I really still don't think this will have a happy ending like Preacher where jesse and tulip ride off in the sun together...I think Annie's death at butchers hands makes hughie stop him...but will it be too late at that moment?

- Les Paul

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:27 am

I knew it was coming but still seeing Frenchie and the Female bite it was so darn tragic. This is so going to have a bad end I fully agree.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Zechs wrote:I knew it was coming but still seeing Frenchie and the Female bite it was so darn tragic. This is so going to have a bad end I fully agree.

The romance between hugie and annie is also not nearly as strong and developed as Jesse and Tulip...ok new theory.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
The final fight will be Hughie and Butcher killing each other with Hughie saving Annie and their unborn super baby in her belly.

- Les Paul

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:33 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
The romance between hugie and annie is also not nearly as strong and developed as Jesse and Tulip...ok new theory.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
The final fight will be Hughie and Butcher killing each other with Hughie saving Annie and their unborn super baby in her belly.

Agreed that Hughie and Annie's romance wasn't as strong but I still think she will show up and save Hughie. Whatever happens though,it's going to great.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:57 am

I should have seen it coming, last issue’s cover star died, so it makes sense that this issue’s would to, but when Frenchie uncovered that bomb… it still shocked me. And then BOOM! Both he and The Female are dead and it’s just unbelievable how quickly Ennis has turned Billy Butcher from a likeable anti-hero to one of my most hated figures in comics. This is a trick Ennis likes to do a lot actually, he slowly showed in Preacher that Cassidy wasn’t a loveable rogue, he was a very bad man, he even had the same perspective on Frank Castle by the end, but this may be the quickest and biggest turnaround, Butcher is just terrifyingly evil. He’s not even really evil, just driven. I really don’t know how Hughie is going to stop him, but I can’t wait to see it. I also can’t wait to re-read the whole series and look for clues as to Butcher’s overall megalomaniacal plan. There’s also more than just Butcher to wrap up here, there’s Annie, and also the Vought Pair, who have started sleeping together, Jesus, how creepy was that scene at the start, his expressionless face, even whilst in bed. 3 issues left, and only 2 Boys left, it’s a fight to the finish.

thatallguy
Faster Pussycat

Postby thatallguy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:23 pm

I might be missing something, or it may not have been revealed yet, but can anyone tell me what was with the frame near the end with frenchie standing next to the female naked holding a file? didn't get what that was about.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:29 pm

thatallguy wrote:I might be missing something, or it may not have been revealed yet, but can anyone tell me what was with the frame near the end with frenchie standing next to the female naked holding a file? didn't get what that was about.

He was there when she was "created"/trained. It was sort of their beginning.

- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand