Advertisement

X-Factor #241 (One light cycle away from the grid Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

X-Factor #241 (One light cycle away from the grid Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:33 am

‘Breaking Points’ begins, and it looks like all of PAD’s various subplot-chickens are coming home to roost. Every little seemingly forgotten thread is going to make an appearance here, and I really hope it works, because one of my main problem’s with this book is how sprawling it is, things happen and are forgotten about. But if it turns out to have all been a part of Peter David’s Cylon Plan, then yeah, awesome. The biggest returning subplot in this issue was the remnants of Madrox’s inter-dimensional road trip, as the various baddies, Deathlok-Cap, Dormammu-Strange, that wolf-woman attack him and Havok in Central Park. I thought it was very cool how PAD remembered Havok’s dimensional uniqueness, who’d have thought Mutant X would have been worthwhile in the end? I was surprised by how easily these guys were dealt with, but it seems like they are only the start, especially when it comes to Polaris, who was pretty brutal, and Strong Guy, who truly was soulless here, and went off with some kind of evil demon dude. I guess we know which direction his and M’s date went now! In terms of art, it was great to have Leonard Kirk back, he’s a very strong fit for this book, he does the traditional superhero bits great, but can also get across humour very well. And it’s good that there is still humour here, I liked the Tron jabs at Havok a lot.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 86 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: X-Factor #241 (One light cycle away from the grid Spoile

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 am

Punchy wrote:‘Breaking Points’ begins, and it looks like all of PAD’s various subplot-chickens are coming home to roost. Every little seemingly forgotten thread is going to make an appearance here, and I really hope it works, because one of my main problem’s with this book is how sprawling it is, things happen and are forgotten about.

I've never felt like anything was forgotten about. It's just writing with a plan in mind. It's what made Claremont's iconic Uncanny X-Men run so good. Laying down plot points, and picking them up months or years later. I love longform storytelling like that.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 am

Holland Oats wrote:
I've never felt like anything was forgotten about. It's just writing with a plan in mind. It's what made Claremont's iconic Uncanny X-Men run so good. Laying down plot points, and picking them up months or years later. I love longform storytelling like that.

I guess I just don't trust modern writers, there are subplots in Invincible that have been going on for fucking years now.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 86 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Well, PAD has been doing this since day one on the book, and he has previously finished up subplots that were introduced early on, so I have faith in him more than most writers. It has definitely been the style of writing he's used on this book from the get-go.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 244 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey Mutant X was an awesome series! :smt013

And this was such a strong issue, even if it ends in the death of some really cool villains.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 244 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Also am I the only one who is seeing PAD slowly setting up stuff with Havok for Remender to run with? 8)

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 805 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
I've never felt like anything was forgotten about.

Me neither.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 431 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Yeah, this was a pretty interesting issue when I scoped it this week. It's such a shame that Guido is turning into a major douchebag though-when Monet( Who is a female douchebag herself) calls you out for being an asshole, then you know you are in trouble.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand