Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #690 (Sorry this is late Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #690 (Sorry this is late Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:25 am

A week later than scheduled, I got my hands on a copy of the latest issue of ASM, and it was another very strong issue. Slott continues his main plot threads of Lizard and Doctor Morbius, but there’s another spanner in the works in the form of the Kingpin’s mole at Horizon stealing some important schematics and accidentally disabling the security and releasing a whole bunch of Lizards. I’m guessing that it’s actually whatever it is that Kingpin has going on that’s the terrible future that Madame Web is predicting, and that the Lizard is a distraction. But it’s a very interesting distraction nonetheless, Lizard-as-Connors makes his way through the Horizon Staff and turns them into Lizards, but on the way, he slowly starts rediscover his humanity. How does he do this you ask? He listens to ‘Call Me Maybe’. I mean, yeah, it’s demonically catchy, but it’s not exactly the saving grace of humanity is it? Less cheesy is Connors’ interactions with Uatu, who reminds him of his dead son, who he ate alive. Spider-Man himself spent most of this issue beating up Morbius, and it was interesting to see how different his attitude was here to how it normally is, no jokes, just fury. People who claim Marvel have kept Spider-Man in a state of arrested development should check out this arc, the character is not in stasis as much as you might think. Also, what do we think about Madame Web’s claim that Silver Sable isn’t dead? I assume it’s true, because nobody ever dies in comics, but, I wouldn’t put it past Julia to be so manipulative. In fact, the only negative in this issue was the cheesy bit where a NYPD gave Spider-Man his jacket.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 181 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #690 (Sorry this is late Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 pm

No. Julia is lying. She paused and knew this be the only way to pull Spider-Man out of this funk. Though there is one person who was thought dead and isn't. The real cause of Julia's visions involving Kingpin. :twisted:

Good issue though. I loved the lil bit of "Connors" eating the nachos and loving it.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 279 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Zechs wrote:No. Julia is lying. She paused and knew this be the only way to pull Spider-Man out of this funk. Though there is one person who was thought dead and isn't. The real cause of Julia's visions involving Kingpin. :twisted:

Good issue though. I loved the lil bit of "Connors" eating the nachos and loving it.

I dunno, Zechs, until I see Sable's body, she can't be confirmed as dead. And by the way, does anyone think that technician working for the Kingpin is also working for a certain someone we all know will be making his return very soon to the spider-books?

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 134 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:10 pm

draco x wrote:
I dunno, Zechs, until I see Sable's body, she can't be confirmed as dead. And by the way, does anyone think that technician working for the Kingpin is also working for a certain someone we all know will be making his return very soon to the spider-books?

You Kingsley fans are hilarious!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:14 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
You Kingsley fans are hilarious!

We all know you're one as well but won't admit it. The truth shall set you free. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:26 pm

draco x wrote:

Nah I have no idea what a certain someone is scheming yet. I turned off that part of my mind when I figured out Slott didn't kill Kingsley in #649.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Zechs wrote:
Nah I have no idea what a certain someone is scheming yet. I turned off that part of my mind when I figured out Slott didn't kill Kingsley in #649.

WE SAW HIS DECAPITATED HEAD

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Zechs wrote:

Understood. However, I theorize that the technician and Phil are both double agents that are set up to make Kingpin to take a fall so that a certain someone can come in and take over his organization. However, I do believe Kingpin suspects something is up and has some safeguards ready for what is about to come his way. Nonetheless, it should be interesting where things head very soon.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Punchy wrote:

You meant to say we saw A decapitated head, did you not?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Punchy wrote:

Yes and Phil is the PEAK of a reliable narrator. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand