Advertisement

Stormwatch #12 (The Chin-Spike saved your life Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Stormwatch #12 (The Chin-Spike saved your life Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:53 am

If you put aside all of the characters that have completely disappeared like Wally West and the various Batgirls, I think the character most fucked with by the DC Reboot is Martian Manhunter. He’s kicked off the JLA and sent to Stormwatch, the JLA hate his guts, and he’s basically acting like a massive douche. This issue sees him going around and erasing his existence from the minds of the rest of the team for an unexplained reason. Maybe it is just to be a dick. I wonder if is this it for J’Onn in this book, or if he’s erasing himself in order to stop Harry Tanner. Speaking of Harry, his plans just get weirder and weirder, he’s turned Fox into some kind of dimensional portal, and is sending bizarre Nefertiti heads all across Earth for some reason. Who knows what the hell he’s up too. It sounds like I’m being down on this issue, but I actually liked a lot of it, the art from Will Conrad was very good, I loved loved loved the way Milligan rationalised Midnighter’s stupid chin-spike and I found the scene where Martian Manhunter met the Shadow Council very interesting. He was in Avalon, which is of course an important setting in Demon Knights at the moment, it’s looking more and more likely that Cornell’s book is showing us the formation of Stormwatch way back in the Middle Ages, which is very cool. It’s just the treatment of J’Onn that’s annoying me, he’s being a total dick!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 241 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Stormwatch #12 (The Chin-Spike saved your life Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:38 am

I think that J'onn has been testing both the JL and Stormwatch for some upcoming menace/battle/whatever. A few issues ago in JL, he made the comment while observing on them that they still weren't ready or something to that effect. Not sure why he would have to erase himself from Stormwatch but since they view other heroes as threats that may explain it.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand