Advertisement

Animal Man #12 (Well Swampy, you ready to do this? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Animal Man #12 (Well Swampy, you ready to do this? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:49 am

And so it begins, after a year of build-up across 2 titles, the crossover between Animal Man and Swamp Thing is here! Picking up directly where the last issue of Swamp Thing left off, Buddy and Swamp Thing team-up and head into the world of the Rot. But before that, Lemire and Snyder helpfully give us a quick recap of all of the crazy shit that’s happened to Animal Man and his family in the last 11 issues, which I found useful, although some may have found it to be an exposition overload. As well as revisiting the past, we also get a glimpse of the future, as Maxine gets an eyeful of the dystopian shit that will go down if the Rot isn’t stopped, the Flash gets killed, etc. So Animal Man and Swamp Thing are in the Rot, but as soon as that happens, some freaky Un-Men attack Abby, Ellen and Maxine, so the action is happening on Earth too. And what’s up with Cliff? The tension is too much, I don’t know if I can wait for Part Two! What’s that you say, I don’t have to...

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Animal Man #12 (Well Swampy, you ready to do this? Spoil

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm

I said after the ending of last month's Swamp Thing that I was worried about Cliff. This issue didn't end that feeling.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand