Wednesday, July 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Animal Man #12 (Well Swampy, you ready to do this? Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:49 am

And so it begins, after a year of build-up across 2 titles, the crossover between Animal Man and Swamp Thing is here! Picking up directly where the last issue of Swamp Thing left off, Buddy and Swamp Thing team-up and head into the world of the Rot. But before that, Lemire and Snyder helpfully give us a quick recap of all of the crazy shit that’s happened to Animal Man and his family in the last 11 issues, which I found useful, although some may have found it to be an exposition overload. As well as revisiting the past, we also get a glimpse of the future, as Maxine gets an eyeful of the dystopian shit that will go down if the Rot isn’t stopped, the Flash gets killed, etc. So Animal Man and Swamp Thing are in the Rot, but as soon as that happens, some freaky Un-Men attack Abby, Ellen and Maxine, so the action is happening on Earth too. And what’s up with Cliff? The tension is too much, I don’t know if I can wait for Part Two! What’s that you say, I don’t have to...

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm

I said after the ending of last month's Swamp Thing that I was worried about Cliff. This issue didn't end that feeling.

leave a comment with facebook