Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Silver Surfer and Galactus Movie Rights Coming Back to Marvel Studios?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Silver Surfer and Galactus Movie Rights Coming Back to Marvel Studios?

Fox's bungled handling of the Daredevil reboot may result in two well-known characters returning to the welcoming, mousey bosom of Disney and Marvel Studios.

Source: Newsarama

In an article on Newsarama titled "Christopher Reeve is a Big Fat Jerk," the journalistic web stalwarts report that Fox, who has only a few months left to begin production on a Daredevil movie before the rights return to Marvel Studios, wants to trade the rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus to Marvel in exchange for an extension.

The characters are part of the Fantastic Four franchise, which Fox also holds the movie rights for, and which is also due for a reboot, but Fox isn't worried. "We're starting the franchise off fresh, so we'll just do the whole Doctor Doom story again, and by the time we make another, we'll just reboot it again. We could keep making the same movie for the next twenty years, like Pixar, without ever needing to add new characters," said Jamie Foxx, president of Fox. "If we do end up needing a Galactus type character, we'll just create a completely different fart cloud monster, like Warner Bros. did for the Green Lantern movie."

The Surfer and Galactus could certainly be useful to Marvel, who is making a Guardians of the Galaxy film in 2014 to which it might possibly want to add characters people have heard of. However, Marvel could just as easily call Fox's bluff, waiting for the incompetent company to drop the ball on more directors until the rights to all their franchises are returned in full.

As of now, the story should be considered a rumor, and should not be taken seriously until reported at Bleeding Cool.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm

NO DEAL UNLESS DOOM IS PART OF THAT DEAL!!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Interesting. :)

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 pm

That newsarama article is making quite a jump in calling the marvel studios movies "family friendly". I just rewatched Cap on netflix and that's a movie full of guns that explode people.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:29 pm

I'd so very happy if all the Marvel Hero film/tv rights were with the Marvel Studios. I want the film universe to grow and be just like the comics one.
Spidey, Ben Grimm, Dr Strange, Daredevil and Hawkeye all meet up at the Avengers HQ for the weekly poker night needs to be done!

It's also a crime that a great FF movie has yet to be made.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:That newsarama article is making quite a jump in calling the marvel studios movies "family friendly". I just rewatched Cap on netflix and that's a movie full of guns that explode people.

I re-watched it last night, yeah it's not what I'd call a family flick. It's as family flick as a James Bond one. Same with Thor or the Iron Man films.. Incredible Hulk..

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm

I'd rather Marvel get the rights back to DD more than Galactus and Silver Surfer.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm

As of now, the story should be considered a rumor, and should not be taken seriously until reported at Bleeding Cool.

:lol:

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:40 pm

I really wish want the rights to the FF and Daredevil to returned to Marvel sooner than later as Fox will just fuck things up again like they usually do.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I'd so very happy if all the Marvel Hero film/tv rights were with the Marvel Studios. I want the film universe to grow and be just like the comics one.
Spidey, Ben Grimm, Dr Strange, Daredevil and Hawkeye all meet up at the Avengers HQ for the weekly poker night needs to be done!

It's also a crime that a great FF movie has yet to be made.

It was. They just called it the Incredibles.

leave a comment with facebook