Advertisement

Silver Surfer and Galactus Movie Rights Coming Back to Marvel Studios?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Fox's bungled handling of the Daredevil reboot may result in two well-known characters returning to the welcoming, mousey bosom of Disney and Marvel Studios.

Source: Newsarama

In an article on Newsarama titled "Christopher Reeve is a Big Fat Jerk," the journalistic web stalwarts report that Fox, who has only a few months left to begin production on a Daredevil movie before the rights return to Marvel Studios, wants to trade the rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus to Marvel in exchange for an extension.

The characters are part of the Fantastic Four franchise, which Fox also holds the movie rights for, and which is also due for a reboot, but Fox isn't worried. "We're starting the franchise off fresh, so we'll just do the whole Doctor Doom story again, and by the time we make another, we'll just reboot it again. We could keep making the same movie for the next twenty years, like Pixar, without ever needing to add new characters," said Jamie Foxx, president of Fox. "If we do end up needing a Galactus type character, we'll just create a completely different fart cloud monster, like Warner Bros. did for the Green Lantern movie."

The Surfer and Galactus could certainly be useful to Marvel, who is making a Guardians of the Galaxy film in 2014 to which it might possibly want to add characters people have heard of. However, Marvel could just as easily call Fox's bluff, waiting for the incompetent company to drop the ball on more directors until the rights to all their franchises are returned in full.

As of now, the story should be considered a rumor, and should not be taken seriously until reported at Bleeding Cool.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus Movie Rights Coming Back to M

Postby Zechs » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm

NO DEAL UNLESS DOOM IS PART OF THAT DEAL!!

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 341 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Interesting. :)

Thank you Troy for the sig

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:08 pm

That newsarama article is making quite a jump in calling the marvel studios movies "family friendly". I just rewatched Cap on netflix and that's a movie full of guns that explode people.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 600 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:29 pm

I'd so very happy if all the Marvel Hero film/tv rights were with the Marvel Studios. I want the film universe to grow and be just like the comics one.
Spidey, Ben Grimm, Dr Strange, Daredevil and Hawkeye all meet up at the Avengers HQ for the weekly poker night needs to be done!

It's also a crime that a great FF movie has yet to be made.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 600 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:That newsarama article is making quite a jump in calling the marvel studios movies "family friendly". I just rewatched Cap on netflix and that's a movie full of guns that explode people.

I re-watched it last night, yeah it's not what I'd call a family flick. It's as family flick as a James Bond one. Same with Thor or the Iron Man films.. Incredible Hulk..
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm

I'd rather Marvel get the rights back to DD more than Galactus and Silver Surfer.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts

Postby GHERU » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm

As of now, the story should be considered a rumor, and should not be taken seriously until reported at Bleeding Cool.

:lol:
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 260 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:40 pm

I really wish want the rights to the FF and Daredevil to returned to Marvel sooner than later as Fox will just fuck things up again like they usually do.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I'd so very happy if all the Marvel Hero film/tv rights were with the Marvel Studios. I want the film universe to grow and be just like the comics one.
Spidey, Ben Grimm, Dr Strange, Daredevil and Hawkeye all meet up at the Avengers HQ for the weekly poker night needs to be done!

It's also a crime that a great FF movie has yet to be made.

It was. They just called it the Incredibles.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum